Cupra 300 Resonator Delete

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Congrats! And hmm mine is fairly loud, like Tully said definitely louder on start up but I’d say even idle it’s quite a difference, that’s why I get away from my neighbours quickly before I annoy them! Pretty sure the warranty will be void, not sure if it’s just on the exhaust or if SEAT can void more of the warranty and yes it’s reversible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
It's loud from a cold start for a minute or so, then it settles down and isn't a whole lot louder than the stock exhaust - until you floor it!!

So definitely worth going for then even having the baby lol?! Can it be driven normally when driving through town and built up areas? Not too raspy and droney? Really want to be sure haha! Can have it done tomorrow if I want it doing.

Reactions: cupra300uk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I wouldn’t say it drones too much, not enough to not have it done in my opinion. But if you’re on the rocks about it I would possibly wait and see if you can find someone with it done and hear it in person as the videos really done do it any justice. I just love the deeper growl it has, which should be standard on a bloody Cupra♂️

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I'm still considering this for my 280. I've had the centre one out (mainly cause it had a hole in it and it was cheaper to remove it than replace it) which makes it sound better but like Naylor92 I'm worried about drone at motorway cruising speeds. I know it's reversible but I'd rather not throw £200 down the drain if I don't like it.

Anyone live in east kent that's had it done?

Reactions: cupra300uk

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
I wouldn’t say it drones too much, not enough to not have it done in my opinion. But if you’re on the rocks about it I would possibly wait and see if you can find someone with it done and hear it in person as the videos really done do it any justice. I just love the deeper growl it has, which should be standard on a bloody Cupra♂️

Well I can get it done for almost next to nothing. I’m really good family friends with the bloke who owns the garage. Say if I mainly drive round in D in comfort. It doesn’t make much difference until giving it a massive load or in sport and Cupra?

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Well I can get it done for almost next to nothing. I’m really good family friends with the bloke who owns the garage. Say if I mainly drive round in D in comfort. It doesn’t make much difference until giving it a massive load or in sport and Cupra?

If you drive it normally (ie. any driving mode but gearbox in D), it's a little throatier but I certainly wouldn't call it loud. If you stick the gearbox in Sport you'll get the pops and bangs a LOT more when you lift off the throttle, and if you floor it (in either D or S), it's very shouty!

Basically, day to day normal driving and the difference is noticeable but by no means too loud.

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
If you drive it normally (ie. any driving mode but gearbox in D), it's a little throatier but I certainly wouldn't call it loud. If you stick the gearbox in Sport you'll get the pops and bangs a LOT more when you lift off the throttle, and if you floor it (in either D or S), it's very shouty!

Basically, day to day normal driving and the difference is noticeable but by no means too loud.

Alright sound! So if you drive normally it just sounds a lot nicer without being no where near too loud? Does it feel any quicker or slower?

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Alright sound! So if you drive normally it just sounds a lot nicer without being no where near too loud? Does it feel any quicker or slower?

Yep, it just sounds throatier and a little louder. It doesn't make any difference to the performance

My car should be cold now so I'll go out and take a quick video of it idling so you can hear what it sounds like. I have posted one before, but that was before I realised that the people who fitted the res delete hadn't sealed it..!! It sounds a lot better now

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Just tried to take a video but the engine is still warm so it's quiet! Was going to take one of a cold start so you could hear it when it's louder..

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Congrats! And hmm mine is fairly loud, like Tully said definitely louder on start up but I’d say even idle it’s quite a difference, that’s why I get away from my neighbours quickly before I annoy them! Pretty sure the warranty will be void, not sure if it’s just on the exhaust or if SEAT can void more of the warranty and yes it’s reversible

Will only void the warrenty on the exhaust, and if I remember correctly the exhaust isn't under warrenty anyways, SEAT may try and argue it, but if you threatened to take it above them, I can guarantee they would back down, it cannot effect anything else, including the engine, if you had took the cat out that would be a different story

Reactions: ChrisJKM

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Yep, it just sounds throatier and a little louder. It doesn't make any difference to the performance

My car should be cold now so I'll go out and take a quick video of it idling so you can hear what it sounds like. I have posted one before, but that was before I realised that the people who fitted the res delete hadn't sealed it..!! It sounds a lot better now

So overall just makes it sound a lot better then!! Nothing noticed whatsoever then with power either less of or more so? I really want to just make my mind up now but I feel like I’m still in 2 minds haha! What do you mean sealed it chap? Send us a video of it warm too then please mate? If you wouldn’t mind.

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Will only void the warrenty on the exhaust, and if I remember correctly the exhaust isn't under warrenty anyways, SEAT may try and argue it, but if you threatened to take it above them, I can guarantee they would back down, it cannot effect anything else, including the engine, if you had took the cat out that would be a different story
Okay cheers bud

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
So overall just makes it sound a lot better then!! Nothing noticed whatsoever then with power either less of or more so? I really want to just make my mind up now but I feel like I’m still in 2 minds haha! What do you mean sealed it chap? Send us a video of it warm too then please mate? If you wouldn’t mind.

The res delete makes no noticeable difference to power. I guess you could argue that it might increase power SLIGHTLY as there would possibly be a bit less back pressure, but I've not noticed.

When I had the res delete fitted, they forgot to seal one of the clamps so it leaked, but they sorted it the next day.

Get it, I promise you won't regret it. And at the end of the day if you do regret it, just refit the original resonator and you'll be back to normal

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
The res delete makes no noticeable difference to power. I guess you could argue that it might increase power SLIGHTLY as there would possibly be a bit less back pressure, but I've not noticed.

When I had the res delete fitted, they forgot to seal one of the clamps so it leaked, but they sorted it the next day.

Get it, I promise you won't regret it. And at the end of the day if you do regret it, just refit the original resonator and you'll be back to normal

Yeah okay chap. Well I have a tuning box and Revo panel filter on mine as it is now anyway. So this will just help to make it sound like it probably should have been from factory? Ohhh I see, I thought that’s what you meant. You say you had yours custom made too? Not the progressive parts one? Yeah I suppose it’s as easy as that. But just don’t want Seat to say anything still if they see the double clamp instead of one!!

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Yeah okay chap. Well I have a tuning box and Revo panel filter on mine as it is now anyway. So this will just help to make it sound like it probably should have been from factory? Ohhh I see, I thought that’s what you meant. You say you had yours custom made too? Not the progressive parts one? Yeah I suppose it’s as easy as that. But just don’t want Seat to say anything still if they see the double clamp instead of one!!

Mine is the progressive parts one chap

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
I had mine done this morning and immediately did about 120 mile round trip, mostly on motorway.

There is an increase in 'drone' noise after about 60 mph, You can reduce it by being super light with throttle increases, but if you need to give it a bit to get around someone, then I would say it's actually a significant increase. Obviously the law doesn't allow speeds or more than 70 in the UK but if I was a 'betting man', I would suggest at any speed between 60 and 100, any hard throttle is very audible.

On normal roads it's as everyone else said and not really noticeable until you get heavy handed with it, but I thought I'd mention about the motorway. If you were doing mostly motorway driving, I'd suggest hopping in with someone who has had it done to experience it.

All in all, I'm going to keep it on - the motorway noise can be controlled as I said with light touch, my driving mix is about 10% motorway and the noises off motorway are worth it. Plus, I have Seat Sound so I can just crank up the tunes.

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
I had mine done this morning and immediately did about 120 mile round trip, mostly on motorway.

There is an increase in 'drone' noise after about 60 mph, You can reduce it by being super light with throttle increases, but if you need to give it a bit to get around someone, then I would say it's actually a significant increase. Obviously the law doesn't allow speeds or more than 70 in the UK but if I was a 'betting man', I would suggest at any speed between 60 and 100, any hard throttle is very audible.

On normal roads it's as everyone else said and not really noticeable until you get heavy handed with it, but I thought I'd mention about the motorway. If you were doing mostly motorway driving, I'd suggest hopping in with someone who has had it done to experience it.

All in all, I'm going to keep it on - the motorway noise can be controlled as I said with light touch, my driving mix is about 10% motorway and the noises off motorway are worth it. Plus, I have Seat Sound so I can just crank up the tunes.

Cool, did you have the progressive parts part of have it custom made?

Yeah it’s bound to get a bit louder isn’t it under load at quite high speeds. I don’t mind that as I don’t use the motorway much anyway and plus it gives you a bit more of a buzz if you know what I mean?? Maybe it will quieten down a bit once there is a bit of a carbon build up. But yes definitely understand what you’re saying.

Is it definitely worth doing then would you say and would you say it’s a satisfying and pleasing noise and that you’re more or less happy you’ve done it?