Cupra 300 - Service/Warranty question

willygoncray

Feb 26, 2018
Crawley
Has anyone taken their Cupra in for a service with mods on? I.e. induction kit or custom exhaust?

Just wondering if it's best to remove the mods before popping in for warranty issues

Cheers, Will

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Wouldn't worry about the exhaust as long as the cat is still in place as the exhaust isn't covered under warrenty and cannot effect anything else warrenty related, I'd probably swap the air intake back to standard as I bet they will take a note for any future engine warrenty claims

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
I left my intake on and res delete. Had no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Wouldn't worry about the exhaust as long as the cat is still in place as the exhaust isn't covered under warrenty and cannot effect anything else warrenty related, I'd probably swap the air intake back to standard as I bet they will take a note for any future engine warrenty claims

Exhaust cant effect engine? you bet it can when it comes to a warranty claim.

Reactions: kazand

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I left my intake on and res delete. Had no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You wont have any issues now but the techs will probably have noticed them and marked the car as TD1 on ODIS, if you ever go in for warranty claims on engine/turbo straight away answer will be rejected.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Yes, the exhaust is covered under warranty. Where do these ideas come from?
My dealer said a res delete would not affect the warranty per se. But if there was an exhaust related NVH issue after doing it, it would not be covered.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
If your only modification on car is different brakes and you go in for a Turbo issue you will be fine, if you go in for the same turbo issue with exhaust changes they will blame the exhaust.

almas09

Jul 31, 2017
Hi

I'm on the same boat, I have a 300 with a Remus exhaust installed.
Going to leave it on for my service.
How much is a 1st year service?

I'm being quoted £200.

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Yes, the exhaust is covered under warranty. Where do these ideas come from?

Page 4 here:
https://www.seat.co.uk/content/dam/countries/uk/Downloads/SEAT_Approved_used_warranty.pdf

"You are covered for the costs of repairing or replacing the factor y-fitted mechanical
and electrical components of your car that have suffered sudden failure subject to
the terms and conditions of this Warranty.
Replacement parts and labour will be paid for with the following exceptions:

Routine ser vicing (all parts replaced associated with routine ser vicing
are excluded)

All bodywork, glass and seals (including heated door mirrors and windows)

Worn and perishable items as follows:

All adjustments, timing and cleaning
– Batteries

Bulbs and fuses

Exhaust systems (catalytic converters are covered for internal failure)

Interior, exterior trims and upholster y

Non-SEAT original parts (or equivalent in respect of other makes) that are
not of a matching quality to SEAT original parts (or equivalent)

Tyres and wheels

Un-encased drive belts

Wiper blades and arms

Wiring and connections (including HT leads and aerial coaxial cables)

Worn brake discs, drums and frictional material

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
I haven't got any mods, but when i went for a service 2 weeks ago they asked if the car had any modifications when i dropped it off. They never asked me that on previous visits.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Just a bit of ass covering I suspect.
When I owned a VXR any gearbox issue were immediately followed by an ECU removal and sent to VXL for interrogation to check for engine mods, chipped, re programmed, overboosts, and rumoured a counter for reflashes. [VAG group were supposed to have these too.]

I see that all ecus now have/collect driving data prior to and after airbag deployment. Most will not release that date to the Police AI units.
I used a piggy back on my last car. Removed it but hid loom. It was found and Techie said it was our little secret.
Then I left a small Charger loom on the battery for my C-TEK charger, more queries!!.