Cupra 300 ST - how to inject more excitement?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Damo, when you say turn the traction control off altogether you can do this via the car menu and i am sure you can code it off with VCDS / OBD11
Car menu only disables stability control. Doesn’t disable traction control. Holding the button down is the same.

Would be interested if VCDS can be used so that the holding the button down disables it all and not just stability.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Car menu only disables stability control. Doesn’t disable traction control. Holding the button down is the same.

Would be interested if VCDS can be used so that the holding the button down disables it all and not just stability.

Interesting, didn’t realise that. Everyday is a school day as they say.

All the reviews I read before I bought mine said it can be fully disabled, never rely on journalists to offer the facts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
I was under the impression that no matter what buttons you press to turn esc or traction control off they are never really off, they will just kick in much later when needed. I also read somewhere that they can be completely turned off through vcds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Just done a quick look in the manual, and it does say that ASR and ESC are off (ASR is the traction control). However when I’ve pressed it I’m sure it only turns ESC off. I’ll have a play again later.

Deleted member 103408

You can turn these off from both menus (but the reset each time you restart car from memory) or you can code them off using VCDS / OBD11.

The ASR is I suspect the Torque Limiter we all turned off many moons ago and can be set to normal or deactivated. From memory it only works in gears 1,2 & 3 unless you turn it off and only required one switch change. There is also an Engine drag torque control but not got round to testing that one yet.

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
You can turn these off from both menus (but the reset each time you restart car from memory) or you can code them off using VCDS / OBD11.

The ASR is I suspect the Torque Limiter we all turned off many moons ago and can be set to normal or deactivated. From memory it only works in gears 1,2 & 3 unless you turn it off and only required one switch change. There is also an Engine drag torque control but not got round to testing that one yet.
@paddy6789 Job for my return!

Reactions: paddy6789

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Same here lol but I had the sporting edition... If that was a thing or someone stuck it on who knows...

I'll stick with my Mk2 LCR lol

It's insane the power you get from a stage 1 in the MK3... I go from 265 to 300ish... You guys go from 300 to 375 lol

Active Sport mine was

Deleted member 103408

Guide is for saloon not the ST I am afraid, check out the MK3 How to Guides link in my signature if you want to have a look anyway.

Also if you use the ERWIN docs for the ST that @paddy6789 got us (again in the link) you will get a full picture of how the ST Boot is setup.

Hope you are enjoying portugal.

Reactions: Jaco2k

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Guide is for saloon not the ST I am afraid, check out the MK3 How to Guides link in my signature if you want to have a look anyway.

Also if you use the ERWIN docs for the ST that @paddy6789 got us (again in the link) you will get a full picture of how the ST Boot is setup.

Hope you are enjoying portugal.

"How different can it be? All will be fine..." - famous last words :)

I cannot see the links in mobile, so I will check it later when home.

Portugal is lovely right now, but weather is actually warmer back home in Finland :)

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
The existing diffuser is a b***h to take off and involves stabbing of fingers, expletives being involuntarily shouted and aggression towards the bumper which can only be compared to the rage felt towards any U.K. politician.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
The existing diffuser is a b***h to take off and involves stabbing of fingers, expletives being involuntarily shouted and aggression towards the bumper which can only be compared to the rage felt towards any U.K. politician.

Do you mean that you decide to replace the diffuser and then after you take the bumper off you just sit there with the new diffuser wondering if you actually want to replace it? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Do you mean that you decide to replace the diffuser and then after you take the bumper off you just sit there with the new diffuser wondering if you actually want to replace it? ;) ;) ;) ;)
That was basically what I did when helping. I said to @paddy6789 he could get that bit off himself.

However now I want it too, and the ST bumper is a lot bigger!!

Zai

Jun 20, 2018
Where is the guide - I am about to pull the trigger on the Rieger diffuser and might need to do the same thing ;)
Is it strictly a bumper out job? On the Octavia it wasn't...
Not what you're looking for but here are the Rieger instructions for the ST diffuser incase it'd be of interest.

Attachments

• Rieger_Rear_Diffuser_Install_instructions.pdf
    671.1 KB · Views: 396
Reactions: Jaco2k and Damo H
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise