Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Cupra 300 ST stolen this morning

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Cheeseater, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Blowski

Blowski Cupra 280 DSG

I like the look of these. I can't see any pricing info etc. on their website. Any idea what the ball park figure is?

After reading threads like this it does worry me, not so much for the car but if my house if broken into when my wife is there alone etc. (although there is the chance she'd go full scrappy doo on them :yes:) Ghost system and some CCTV seems like a good investment.

2. paddy6789

paddy6789 Mk3 Cupra R

I’ve had a quote of £300 for supply and fit for it. But I’m after their tracker too. So trying to work out a combo discount price for the lot at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Marve

Marve Active Member

Why do you need a tracker if they can't steal the car due to the "gearbox malfunction"?

Where's the car?
    On the driveway still...

4. Ghost system is very good but I have to say I have seen a few horror stories where the Scrotes ask you to unlock whilst being unkind to your wife.

My view is if they want the car they will take it, visiable detterants stop the low life scum, Pros stealing to order will have the car one way or another and its time critical for them so no manners when asking.

5. paddy6789

paddy6789 Mk3 Cupra R

There have been some stories where they’ve been unable to drive the car (for whatever reason), so have just put it on a trailer. That’s why I want a tracker.

6. Maypack

Maypack Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage

Personally if mine got stolen I wouldn’t really want it back. How I drive it is up to me and I’m happy with that. How a scrote would drive it is not in my mind good. I know these cars can take driving hard but it the other things that would bother me - such as off road, keen riding etc.

Mine disappears off my drive and the next I want to hear is thats it’s either gone for good or found burnout. Sounds harsh but the car just wouldn’t be the same to me anymore.

Family first, car second (even though it means so much to me)

N8KOW likes this.
  7. Jib

Jib Active Member

This. I really like the idea and tech behind Ghost but I think it could bring more issues on yourself if they come back in and "demand" you start the vehicle for them.

Gutted for you about the car though. Its a constant worry of mine.

8. QuietQuackers

QuietQuackers Active Member

If someone has broken into your house to steal your car, just let them have it. The last thing you want is someone threaten you or your family for the key/ code/ anything else they need in order to drive it off. It's all well and good pretending or trying to be tough, but at the end of the day it's only a car and just get them away from your wife/ kids etc as quickly as possible. The last thing your family would need after a break in is you also locked up for bashing someone's face in, they'd rather you were still there to look after them.

Personally I'd invest in decent doors/ locks and possibly CCTV or a tracker to catch them afterwards and give the police as much info as possible so they can stop the scroats from doing it again to someone else.

Glarh and Deleted member 103408 like this.
  9. ukoldschool

ukoldschool Active Member

don't mean to sound harsh, but £30k car, plastic front door......

10. R4CK5

R4CK5 Active Member

+1 to this. I've seen enough episodes of road wars and police interceptors to know I wouldn't want mine back after that.

Absolutely gutted for the OP. Makes my blood boil when good for nothing w*nkers feel that they're entitled to something free of charge when the real owner has had to work bloody hard in order to be able to buy it. Oxygen thieves and a drain on our generally good society. Punishment doesn't fit the crime that's the problem. Prison time is almost seen as a status symbol amongst certain members of our society and unfortunately I don't see it getting any better.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

N8KOW likes this.
  11. LouG

LouG Active Member

Numpty? We may not have the level of theft you have in the UK. But anyone trying to break in to my house will get one warning. Better a dead crim, even if I do time for it, than my wife and I dead.
    And don't think that's an exaggeration, most of our burglars and home invaders are totally fried on meth.
    We cannot rely on our cops even responding, let alone doing it quickly either. They're too busy writing speeding tickets on the school run.
    I'll take my chances with a jury.

Walone likes this.
  12. jka

jka Cupra 300 DSG

sorry to hear about you car ! hope you get sorted, personally i would want them to burn/crash it so id get a new one.

would like to have something like Ghost installed in mine but as usual, nothing like this is available here in Sweden.
    Funny thing here is that, if someone tries to brake in to your house and slips on your porch stairs, they can sue you !

And now with so much immigrants here, crime has sky rocketed. so i got this close by my bed
    (then again im single, so no one to care about, ill be happy to tango with them):
    https://armygross.se/images/normal/teleskopbatong-smith-wesson.jpg

#52 jka, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  13. ukoldschool

ukoldschool Active Member

Yes, absolute numpty.

14. Maypack

Maypack Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage

15. Blowski

Blowski Cupra 280 DSG

Same here too. Not quite sure how far they would get in court but they could give it a try

16. DEAN0

DEAN0 Old Git

In the UK - if they break in to your house and you go down to stop/challenge them - the law is on their side - you become the aggressor.
    If they come up the stairs to you it becomes self defence - they are the aggressor.

so basically - go downstairs - beat the crap out of them with whatever happens to be in your hand - then drag the clowns up the stairs and ring the police.

Maypack, jka and Wastedagen like this.
  17. jka

jka Cupra 300 DSG

here in Sweden that would be against the law ether way - im rely only allowed to hold them until police comes (in practice impossible but still thats it). but i would not care at this point.

18. DEAN0

DEAN0 Old Git

So hold them by the throat - very tightly
    haha

19. surrealjam

surrealjam Active Member

Genuine question, but what law have you broken if they slip on your private property?

20. Blowski

Blowski Cupra 280 DSG

I don't know to be honest but I'm pretty sure there have been cases in the past where burglars have fallen through sky lights and hurt themselves and have attempted to sue the house holder.

Last week there was a story in the papers about a landlord asking his tenants to remove a paddling pool from the garden in case a burglar drowns in it whilst trying to break in

The world is broken...

N8KOW likes this.