Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Cupra 300 st with mk7.5 golf estate exhaust

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Titchy, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Norbert

Norbert Active Member

Louder and possibly same level as r estate inside. you can check some YouTube golf r estate inside video.
    I hardly use motorway,city car for me but not so bad around 90-110 on motorway.my car sound insulated (doors,boot and under rear seat)so thats help however st interior louder or echo sounds(i cant find better word.my “little english”)

2. Big poppa John

Big poppa John Active Member

I have a spare exhaust that I'd like to do the same to. Can I ask what additional piping was needed to achieve the final result and am I right in thinking what you have done is remove the pipe that comes back on itself and now it's more or less straight through?

3. Titchy

Titchy Active Member

4. MM3D_DESIGN

Hello all,
    I'm new to this forum, I live in Poland and decided to join the thread about the exhaust of the Golf R Variant in Cupra ST 4DRIVE.
    My car is from 2019 with a GPF filter. I attach photographic documentation. I recommend a new diffuser made of ABS plastic from MAXTONDESIGN, it will be available soon. The diffuser can be ordered both for the original exhaust as well as for the golf exhaust, Cupra Carbon and Cupra R ST exhaust. Nice watch :)

Attached Files:

Jaco2k, Miguel 7, Damo H and 2 others like this.
  5. Bouloama

Bouloama Active Member

Can you share more details around the maxton design diffuser for the ST? Seems to be a nice one!!

Jaco2k likes this.
  6. MM3D_DESIGN

The diffuser is designed in CAD, based on 3D scans. Then it is CNC milled. It is manufactured using the ABS plastic thermoforming method. Very good product quality. In about two to three weeks it will be available for official sale in the MAXTONDESIGN store.
    https://maxtondesign.pl/

7. Bouloama

Bouloama Active Member

I find it more suitable with 2*2 pipes instead of the oval pipes based upon your foto's. Also due to the fact that the "fin" is so far away from the oval tip, compared to the 2*2 tips.

8. MM3D_DESIGN

That's right, the Golf exhaust is slightly more rearward and fits perfectly with this diffuser.

9. Titchy

Titchy Active Member

Finally a diffuser that doesn’t need hacking or costs a small fortune now I’m interested!

I’m amazed how many people are now taking on this mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. CupraNJ

CupraNJ Active Member

That Maxton diffuser fixes something I never liked with the original one. This is where you could see the back edge of the exhaust tips from the side. I'd decided against fitting R back boxes for this reason, now I'm definitely interested again.

11. MM3D_DESIGN

A few new photos of maxtondesign diffuser with original exhaust and exhaust from Golf R variant.

Attached Files:

Damo H likes this.
  12. Davidsr20

Davidsr20 Active Member

I presume the exhaust in that picture is off a golf R with ppf filter as it has no center res. Thing is there is 2 part numbers for the left hand exhaust silencer. One ends in bb other ends in bj. Is the bj number the longer center pipe with no center box.

any help would be great. Also Maxton advertise the part numbers for the exhaust and they use the bj ending part number for the left silencer.
    As my Cupra has a opf filter it would be easier order the longer pipe one.

13. Jaco2k

Jaco2k AWD FTW

Part number and or link then?
    I changed my exhaust for the Golf R one but I am obviously not so happy about the look of the cut OEM diffuser ;)
    Been looking for a suitable diffuser for almost 6 months now...