Cupra 300

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Hi everyone, really not sure where I’m supposed to be posting this so I’ve just started a new topic, sorry if this is wrong.

I picked up my 2018 Leon Cupra yesterday and instantly fell in love with it as soon as I test drove it. I think they’ve done a brilliant job with the car and even though a lot of people dislike the interior I really love it as it’s not too complicated and it’s a simple layout.

I do have a few questions though that I didn’t ask at the time of purchase because I was so excited, but on the drive home I remembered. First of all I’m not sure if the ambient lighting is only visible at night but I couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t visible. I found the settings for it and noticed the colour and tried changing them but I couldn’t see any light coming from the doors, is this just because it was day time?

Secondly, I read on the SEAT website for the cupra 300 that all models come as standard with wireless charging? And again on the way home my phone would not charge wirelessly, not sure if I need to set it up or not though.

I’m sure the dealership’s website said that the car came with KESSY and start stop button and a panoramic sunroof as well, also disappointed to find these missing. It does come with the virtual cockpit which I love though!

I’m not complaining at all as I really do love the car I’m just curious if there is something wrong with the lighting and charging, or these are just some money saving tactics. Thanks in advance

710116835a0bacaf86f217626b26f6da.jpg

84966f03892ae1f83f00d4543c2d162a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I read on the SEAT website for the cupra 300 that all models come as standard with wireless charging? And again on the way home my phone would not charge wirelessly, not sure if I need to set it up or not though.

I’m sure the dealership’s website said that the car came with KESSY and start stop button and a panoramic sunroof as well

Wireless charging and KESSY is an option and they come together. So this is not standard

Stop/Start is standard on newer models. Mines a 2017 Cupra 300 and i don’t have it either.

Panoramic Sunroof would be an optional extra too.

Who was your dealership?

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Oh right, pretty gutted about that! Mine March 2018, it was Sytner North Wales. The salesman who sorted it out was really good though and can’t fault their customer service. Maybe it was a typo on their website or something.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Wireless charging and KESSY is an option and they come together. So this is not standard

Stop/Start is standard on newer models. Mines a 2017 Cupra 300 and i don’t have it either.

Who was your dealership?

Do you know about the ambient lighting? As I can’t seem to get that to work still I’ve also found that the bonnet is very difficult to close fully and you really have to slam it to make it click into place

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Oh right, pretty gutted about that! Mine March 2018, it was Sytner North Wales.

Wireless Charging and KESSY aren’t that good to be honest. My wife has it on her Leon Xcellence and although she likes the KESSY she has never used the wireless charging. Apparently it only works with certain phones.

There is also the issue of access to the car by other people with signal boosters. I’m pretty sure my wife’s car isn’t going to be taken but a Cupra with KESSY... mmm that’s a different thing altogether.

The Panoramic Sunroof would have looked good on your car. I’d never take it for granted from a dealers website that what they said I was getting I’d get. I’d always get it confirmed what I was actually getting in writing. I always have with my local dealer and I’ve always got what I expected.

Deleted member 103408

Who was your dealership?

Sorry just seen this, are you saying your car does not have Stop/Start, only reason I am asking i thought all VAG Cars had this by default even my 2014 Cupra has it.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Do you know about the ambient lighting? As I can’t seem to get that to work still I’ve also found that the bonnet is very difficult to close fully and you really have to slam it to make it click into place

I have my lights set to Auto and know for certain that they are lit up at night. Can’t say I’ve noticed during the day though.

Never had a problem with my bonnet. Might be a new catch syndrome.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Sorry just seen this, are you saying your car does not have Stop/Start, only reason I am asking i thought all VAG Cars had this by default even my 2014 Cupra has it.

It doesn’t have the start stop button in front of the gear stick, and it has the old key that you actually put into the car to start it, but it has the start stop feature in traffic if that makes sense? It’s quite confusing for myself as you can see!

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I did buy the faraday wallets in preparation of having the KESSY and the whole car thief job! But I suppose that is a good thing, but just wanted the wireless charging as thought that it would be a smart feature! Yeah I probably should have been more thorough at the time, he did print off a page full of all the spec but I just though they were optional extras, my mistake I suppose.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
It doesn’t have the start stop button in front of the gear stick, and it has the old key that you actually put into the car to start it, but it has the start stop feature in traffic if that makes sense? It’s quite confusing for myself as you can see!

I find the Stop Start feature is a PITA. It’s a little too agressive in the Cupra and cuts in too quickly. I know that’s the case in the DSG box anyways.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I find the Stop Start feature is a PITA. It’s a little too agressive in the Cupra and cuts in too quickly. I know that’s the case in the DSG box anyways.

Yeah I have the manual and find it the same, also still not keen on the electronic handbrake, but only had it a day I suppose!

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I don’t use the Auto handbrake myself. I find again it cuts in just as you don’t want it to. I use it manually and much prefer it that way.

Yes I bought the manual version, really do love it already! To turn it to the manual mode is it that button on the bottom of the handbrake? I tend to pull it up when I park anyway just to double check

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Yes I bought the manual version, really do love it already! To turn it to the manual mode is it that button on the bottom of the handbrake? I tend to pull it up when I park anyway just to double check.

Yeah. If you press the button down when parked the light should go off. I think . Not driven my car for nearly two weeks as I’m on holiday .

Reactions: cupra300uk

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Hi everyone, really not sure where I’m supposed to be posting this so I’ve just started a new topic, sorry if this is wrong.

I picked up my 2018 Leon Cupra yesterday and instantly fell in love with it as soon as I test drove it. I think they’ve done a brilliant job with the car and even though a lot of people dislike the interior I really love it as it’s not too complicated and it’s a simple layout.

I do have a few questions though that I didn’t ask at the time of purchase because I was so excited, but on the drive home I remembered. First of all I’m not sure if the ambient lighting is only visible at night but I couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t visible. I found the settings for it and noticed the colour and tried changing them but I couldn’t see any light coming from the doors, is this just because it was day time?

Secondly, I read on the SEAT website for the cupra 300 that all models come as standard with wireless charging? And again on the way home my phone would not charge wirelessly, not sure if I need to set it up or not though.

I’m sure the dealership’s website said that the car came with KESSY and start stop button and a panoramic sunroof as well, also disappointed to find these missing. It does come with the virtual cockpit which I love though!

I’m not complaining at all as I really do love the car I’m just curious if there is something wrong with the lighting and charging, or these are just some money saving tactics. Thanks in advance

710116835a0bacaf86f217626b26f6da.jpg

84966f03892ae1f83f00d4543c2d162a.jpg

The ambient lighting comes on when the car is unlocked, and stays on if it’s dark (or if the main headlights are on)...

A photo taken inside mine about 10 minutes ago. You can just about see the ambient lighting. This is just after unlocking the car (ignition is off). Hope this helps!

6bbc58bd66969acad86afaadbbe73b8d.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.