Cupra 4 buildlog

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
It’s mounted to the side with two t20 screws I will take a pic tomorrow when I remove the lower dash to run the boost gauge pipe to under the bonnet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkipJack_NL

Jul 23, 2019
Thank you.

Ok, some more:

20200317_203643.jpg

20200317_225257.jpg

Yes, this madlad is putting a towbar on his Cupra.

Next up is doing the wiring, and punching a hole in the rear bumper that I can close nicely so I can take the hitch off and not be left with a gaping hole in the bumper.

Last edited:

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Sweet Car man good work, if you want the exhaust quieter install a middle resonator/muffler

Sent from my RMX1993 using Tapatalk

Jan 19, 2024
Hey guys, I am new here.
I am Skip (not my real name) from the Netherlands, my big passion has always been motorcycles and have had a lot of them, but now I own my first fast car, and I love it.

So I bought a Leon Cupra 4 with the well known 2.8L VR6, it's got 186K kilometers on the clock and is in a generally good condition. The previous owner was a chain smoker and messed up any electronics and or wiring he touched, nothing I can't fix.

View attachment 8760

I'm an aircraft mechanic and have been working on airplanes for 10 years now, also I have a lot of experience working on motorbikes (old and new), some cars and a whole host of industrial machines. So I know my way around a spanner I just have very little real experience working on cars. My goal is to fix up this car, learn how it works, make it better, and within a year or two, have it make 400WHP by installing a turbo (thats the goal at least:cheeky:, a man can dream)

View attachment 8761

The previous owner installed lambo doors, I would have bought the car if it hadn't had these doors. At first I thought I was going to replace this system for normal hinges, but I have received overwhelmingly positive reactions to it, and I got used to them, they will stay.

View attachment 8762

When I bought it, it came with an K&N filter system, Lambo doors, nice new style Cupra wheels but no further mods. The seller did replace the coils, front grill, mirrors and battery, so that's nice

View attachment 8763

So in the last 10 days I have cleaned the interior twice to get rid of the smoke smell, it's totally gone now. Underneath I will make a full list of what is wrong with this car, and in this thread I will keep track of my learning process and successes and failures.

Defects when bought: (I paid a very low price for this car)
- Rear RH suspension making loud noise when going over a bumb
- Aircon not working
- Climatronic only blowing air hotter than the core of the sun
- Probably the motor fans not working properly (the well known resistor problem)
- Cigarette lighter not working
- LH rear door interior light missing
- Roof trashed due to smoking, needs replacement
- Armrest broken and squeaks like crazy
- Rear windows not going down.
- Rear window wiper washing fluid not working
- Front interior light not working
- Headlight adjuster mechanism missing.
- Battery cover not attached to anything
- Lambo doors need adjusting

Yep...that's quite a list, but it has relatively low mileage, the engine and drive train all seem to be in excellent condition, and the price was fair, so I bought it anyway.

During the last 10 days I fixed the following:
- Cigarette light fixed; wiring was cut...why?
- RH rear interior light fixed; I just hit it a couple of times with my fist, always works!
- RH rear window goes down now, I heard the relay clicking. I loosened up the motor and it started working.
- Climatronic hot air issue kind of resolved; I know what the problem is, explanation will follow.

I took it to a garage to check the underside of the car, all was fine and the banging noise seems to be coming from worn rear track control arm bushings. I am ordering new bushings but it seems to be impossible to find the bushing on the outer (wheel) side.

Anyway, thats it for now, updates will follow soon.
hello everyone! Awesome project bro! do you know the reference part of your instrument cluster/speedometer? is it IMMO3 already or IMMO2? I need one to work with an v6 engine that im swapin into a golf mk4... any help would be much apreciated.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise