Cupra Ateca Boot Mat

Trethvor

Jan 10, 2020
What a glorious car! Day 6 and I’m finding excuses to drive it. My wife thinks I have suddenly acquired a shopping bug, constantly nipping out for stuff.
Just one area of the car I’m not happy with - that dreadful boot space. It has what looks like badly trimmed cheap carpet, with tacky looking spaces cut out for lifting it for spare wheel access.
I read somewhere on this forum about a member offering Cupra accessories, and now I’ve lost it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? An alternative is any help with where I can source a boot mat?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Don't know about a Cupra boot mat but I got very good Ateca one for my Ateca. Non slip, carpet one side, rubber the other. It's a must if the Cupra is anything like the Ateca carpet, least 3 years ago. Chiller box in the back would bash into the tailgate, you would lift it and the clip on tail light cover would drop out on the road. Happended three times. No secret as to how to get to the connections.

Reckon you would throw a Cupra around more than the standard but does it still have the same slippery carpet in the boot ?. Bet it does. Cost about £40 then for a genuine Seat accessory. I use it rubber up. Money well spent. Altea I had before that the chiller box didn't budge. This you would hear it sliding about and as said the damage it would do.

I think it was this one that I got from my main dealer not this outfit:

https://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/products/seat-ateca-reversable-boot-mat-575061201a

Price inflation over three years. Note it says it will only work in specific configurations. Mine being a 4 Drive with a spare wheel. No problems. Sub woofer sounds fine as well :).

Last edited:

Trethvor

Jan 10, 2020
Thanks @Tell. I’ll ask my Seat dealer (Snows Portsmouth). Maybe order one on a sale/return basis to see if it fits Cupra. Unless anyone has tried it in the Cupra?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Savage

Nov 12, 2019
I would imagine if it will fit a 4 drive regular Ateca with sub, it should fit the Cupra.

That link looks like a mat that goes over the regular one Tell ?
I know Skoda did replacement boot mats with carpet one side and rubber the other, seems like SEAT do not.

I purchased a set of 3 Velcro fixing holders to stop stuff sliding about, google Stayhold SH004 Mini.

Like you Trethvor, I am still enjoying driving mine 2 months on. She is just such an all rounder, comfortable for regular use, but goes like a scolded cat when required :)

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
It fits in the regular non fancy floor Ateca's as well. If you haven't got a flat plain it won't fit. That's what the stipulation is. The 4Drive with space saver leave you with a small lip which it copes with. A regular Ateca without 4Drive doesn't have the lip from memory. That's what I always say anyhow :). It spans out from the rear seats to the back of the car still giving you access to the storage slots at either side.

The rubber, dimply surface is the non slip bit. I find nothing moves on that. I was told about that mat on a grumpy Ateca board elsewhere from SeatCupra site, the only useful advise I got from them :argue:.

The old coefficient of friction you use to do in physics at school. Probably the silicone rubber mentioned here.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coefficient_of_friction

The Ateca carpet has a lousy one. It stopped taillight cover being knocked off by the chiller box as it crashed about in the back on the carpet.

Looking at a lot of Cupra boot pictures, identical to the standard, it will fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Savage
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.