Cupra Ateca copper paint code

Feb 27, 2019
Please please please can someone help me?
I am wanting the paint code for the copper paint on the Cupra Ateca alloy wheels as I would like to purchase a touch up as I get my new car next week. I am having to get a touch up as my wife isn't to great with alloy wheels.

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
I think you might struggle. They are diamond cut alloys which means they need to be re-machined if you kerb them really. Having said that, the tyre on the Ateca seems to offer a fair bit of protection to the alloy as it sticks out quite a lot past the face of the rim unlike my current Golf!

OldTimerSR

May 19, 2020
Please please please can someone help me?
I am wanting the paint code for the copper paint on the Cupra Ateca alloy wheels as I would like to purchase a touch up as I get my new car next week. I am having to get a touch up as my wife isn't to great with alloy wheels.
Same problem for myself, I keep enquiring with my dealer.
Best that I could do was get a paint pen from Amazon.
Its not an exact match but its better that the unsightly 'white' look of a scratch.
Hope this helps.

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
i curbed one recently and I can’t find anyone to repair. They are machined and it’s a lacquer with a copper die. I ended up getting a new wheel, the damaged one is in getting sand blasted and done in gloss black. I like the copper but not spending £600 a time to replace. We went through multiple paints and powder options but as the car is mostly shiny black for the accent parts and we think gloss black would look good with the shape and pattern of the alloy. I will only change the colour if they get curbed again but I really hope they don’t.

I did have a few of the smart repair guys want to do it, but they advised that they only cosmetically repair so it looks ok from a distance of 6 to 10 feet and that the shine wouldn’t be the same.

i am annoyed that i can’t get them redone and for all I love the look would never get again.

jamesR

Jan 14, 2021
My experience has been the same as M4Appy. I bit the bullet and ordered a replacement alloy, worked out to be around £470 with the membership discount. I've decided to sell due to lack of use as I've only covered 4900 miles since new but amazing cars nonetheless. Someone will get a bargain

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
I was the same, traded in my 2 year old cupra ateca with 6k on the clock, only ordered a new one as they offered me almost what I paid for the car. I originally bought it as a 3 month old seat demo car. With all the offers in october When I ordered I got the c&s with pan roof and copper wheels for less than used standard cupra‘s were selling for. I don’t do many miles with working from home and riding a bike. This is used for the dogs and shopping. Bit over kill but You need some pleasures in life.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members