Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Cupra Ateca Review

Discussion in 'CUPRA Ateca' started by Peller, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Peller

Peller Full Member

2. Billyray911

Billyray911 Full Member

A new review by Autogefühl.Not watched it yet,but they are normally really good

AshCupra300 likes this.
  3. Mad Spoons

Mad Spoons Spoons

Watched it last night and as per usual for Autogefühl and Thomas a very factual and useful review. Just need to be able to buy one now.

4. 'Little' John

'Little' John Full Member

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/best-ofs/auto-trader-s-best-cars-of-2018

"But the best car I’ve driven this year has to be the Cupra Ateca. Leaving aside the wisdom - or otherwise - of Seat creating a whole new brand for its sportier cars, and the bold choice of making an SUV its first release, the Cupra Ateca is a genuinely engaging SUV that mixes the practicality of the regular Ateca with blistering pace and surefooted handling. And, thanks to its sophisticated suspension, it’s actually more comfortable than the Seat-badged car, too."

"And although it’s not cheap, it actually looks like pretty good value for those looking for a performance SUV. Your next-cheapest option for something with equivalent pace is the Porsche Macan, which is a good £10k more. That makes it a very promising start for the Cupra brand."

5. 'Little' John

6. Wings988

Wings988 Full Member

Here's the Evo magazine review:

LINK

7. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Staff Member

8. johnd

johnd Full Member

Rather an odd and uneven review, though good to see a new UK-based one. Too much time on branding and questioning why the exhaust isn't louder or the need at all for a compact performance SUV, but one or two good points, eg the interior not being different/special enough.

9. Billyray911

Billyray911 Full Member

10. 'Little' John

And another one...

11. johnd

johnd Full Member

And another new one, this time from What Car - maybe the most balanced shorter review I've seen. Also quotes a 0-60 of 4.7 secs, which is the fastest I've seen - possibly a mistake, given that others are quoting 5.1 or 5.2 secs as 0-60 (presumably based on 5.4sec 0-100kph)

12. 'Little' John

13. Billyray911

Billyray911 Full Member

Track comparison between the Cupra Ateca and Leon Cupra R.Italian dialogue,but doesn’t affect viewing.
    Also,not exactly a balanced head to head as the Cupra is the 2wd version,but briefly shows the dynamics of the Ateca.

14. wesbar

wesbar Full Member

Pretty positive review. Although I do think continually comparing it to a hot hatch is missing the point somewhat. Not just Top Gear, but most of the other reviews. I’m not trading in my Golf GTI because I want another Hot Hatch. I want a practical, more comfortable car that can offer 90% of what a hot hatch can for the 5% of the time that I can actually use it!

'Little' John likes this.