Cupra Ateca Spare Wheel

Jan 18, 2020
Hi. I'm looking for alternatives to the rescue foam / glue that comes with my Cupra Ateca.

The Cupra brochure says the space-saver spare wheel option "is not available" as an option on the comfort / sound / design model (which mine is).

I'm told the lowered boot lid doesn't fit in if you have a spare 'design' wheel (the black and gold alloys), but it does if you have a standard space-saver wheel..... However, a standard space-saver doesn't fit over the Brembo brakes on the front so hence this is not an official option.

I'm wondering why I can't get a space-saver Ateca set (quoted £315 in all Seat dealerships) and then if I get a front puncture, changing a back wheel to the front and putting the space saver on the back! Would this work? Does anyone have any experience please? Does the standard polysterene housing and wheel fit around the subwoofer?

Helpfully the dealership told me the rescue glue / foam was "rubbish". I do a few long journeys a month and would feel safer with a spare wheel....

PS. Love my Ateca.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.