Cupra backbox exhaust on fr diesel.....?

Leather Luxe Design

Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

I want to fit a dual exit exhaust on my 2014 fr st. This is purely for looks and no performance gains. I have looked at getting a custom exhaust backbox made but the look i want is basically the exact look from the cupra... a lot of you lucky guys that have a cupra seem to upgrade to miltek or whatever so i am just wondering if a cupra back box (there is a flange just before the backboxes where the pipe split into 2) .

I know i will have to cut the bumper for the dual exhaust and probably weld a bracket for the exhaust but does anyone know if the flange itself will be a relatively easy thing to fit to my diesel?

Thanks!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
You’ll likely need pipe work to adapt the diameters of your down pipe to the larger diameter Cupra exhausts. You may also need an extra hanger on the right for the extra back box.

As the Cupra has a resonator and 3 back boxes, you may find it quieter.

Here is the only shot I have of underneath though.

03B1F119-265E-4A51-8DCF-9827BAF2B1F4.jpeg

Leather Luxe Design

Nov 5, 2019
Thank you.

Yes i will need a hanger and maybe a reducer pipe (not sure if there is a technical term for that or not but i am sticking with it!!).

Just trying to think if it could be a cheaper option as custom exhausts are wuite dear and i understand why for perfomance/noise gains but i am looking purely for looks....

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thank you.

Yes i will need a hanger and maybe a reducer pipe (not sure if there is a technical term for that or not but i am sticking with it!!).

Just trying to think if it could be a cheaper option as custom exhausts are wuite dear and i understand why for perfomance/noise gains but i am looking purely for looks....
I know @Deano j1971 has one going from the resonator back. And a few others who’ve changed to Golf R exhausts. But there aren’t many people with the ST that swap out their old exhaust and take it home. It’s BIG!

Leather Luxe Design

Nov 5, 2019
Yeah good point! I have seen a cupra st one on ebay which is tempting!! Didn't think of the golf r estate... prefer single oval tailpipes though. Maybe custom is the way forward just so expensive around here...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members