Cupra/Bocanegra Silencer Removal

Was reading somewhere that the middle silencer can be removed from the cupra and a straight pipe welded in. There's also a video of a boc on youtube with this done.

Just wondering if anybody's had this done on here? Could be a cheap way of getting more noise out my boc before i'm ready to commit to a milltek/full custom set up.

Here's the video, not sure if it would sound too loud?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz73yBYcmHg

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
that sounds well mate. the only thing with silencer removal would be the drone factor. depends how much of a factor this is for you or if you use the motorway alot?

that sounds well mate. the only thing with silencer removal would be the drone factor. depends how much of a factor this is for you or if you use the motorway alot?

i thought so too.

aye that's true i suppose, not really often, i'm lucky enough to only drive the car for pleasure :D work offshore so don't drive to work in it or that.

i'll go down to my local exhaust place tomorrow to see about getting it done. can't see it being too expensive, especially as the replacement pipe won't be stainless steel

Alexanderrr

Speed & Sound
Sep 23, 2012
Netherlands
Did this a few weeks ago with my FR. Sounds amazing now! When cold you think you're driving a Porsche haha. Cold means a noisy DSG fart, Hot means a nice DSG fart. Sounds just like a Milltek, maybe louder.

After, only change your downpipe and you have a cheap and great stage 2 exhaust.

Btw: Highways ins't noise at all. Only when flooring.

Last edited:
Did this a few weeks ago with my FR. Sounds amazing now! When cold you think you're driving a Porsche haha. Cold means a noisy DSG fart, Hot means a nice DSG fart. Sounds just like a Milltek, maybe louder.

After, only change your downpipe and you have a cheap and great stage 2 exhaust.

Btw: Highways ins't noise at all. Only when flooring.

haha so you'd recommend it then? think i'm sold on it now...

did you do it yourself? if not can i ask how much it cost you?

Alexanderrr

Speed & Sound
Sep 23, 2012
Netherlands
haha so you'd recommend it then? think i'm sold on it now...

did you do it yourself? if not can i ask how much it cost you?

Was done at a REVO dealer. Because the mapping was going wrong i've got it for free. Normally they asked 50 euro's.. Dont know how much pounds that is.. :)

My goPro is for return right know.. Will post a video over... serveral weeks :rofl:

Just do it. The cupra just needs it. You never want the muffler back ;)

ceb

May 27, 2012
Lebanon
speaking of DSG farts, I had a question, are they related to our engine's turbo in any way or simply the gearbox itself? Would you hear the farts in a 1.6 like you would in the Cupra?

Alexanderrr

Speed & Sound
Sep 23, 2012
Netherlands
speaking of DSG farts, I had a question, are they related to our engine's turbo in any way or simply the gearbox itself? Would you hear the farts in a 1.6 like you would in the Cupra?

I've read DSG does it on purpose (and probably just has to do with the fast changes)

No warning lights or anything ;)

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
I had this done, but had the entire straight bit of pipe either side of the silencer cut off too and had a 2.5" piece instead of the 2.2 which is what the std one is. It sounds great, NOT AT ALL 'droney'.

Deep burble at idle but not too loud. Normal diving you hear supercharger and turbo,o even the recirculation valve, moderte acceleration and theres a decent bit of dsg farting but sounds great, When you boot it it roar. 100% worth doing. How it should have come to start with

I had this done, but had the entire straight bit of pipe either side of the silencer cut off too and had a 2.5" piece instead of the 2.2 which is what the std one is. It sounds great, NOT AT ALL 'droney'.

Deep burble at idle but not too loud. Normal diving you hear supercharger and turbo,o even the recirculation valve, moderte acceleration and theres a decent bit of dsg farting but sounds great, When you boot it it roar. 100% worth doing. How it should have come to start with

Sounds great! Can I ask how much it cost you?

Alexanderrr

Speed & Sound
Sep 23, 2012
Netherlands
Didn't expect it to be much more than that.

Only thing holding me back is for warranty purposes etc. suppose I could always just go back to the standard set up though

I've kept my muffler. Not that i'm ever gonna set it back.. :D

You can also buy a pipe from supersprint without muffler but is like 150 quid

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.