Cupra/Bocanegra Silencer Removal

Lambera03

Mar 24, 2013
Liverpool
Cheers buddy. Is it the centre silencer? Getting it fine tomorrow for £60.

Yer centre silencer I have a thread for my exhaust its under the ibiza 1.2tsi.
he3ygege.jpg

dy6a8uge.jpg

ququ5ede.jpg

5aru6emy.jpg

Maaki

Apr 15, 2013
i have it removed on my cupra 2013 and it sounds really good, i love it xD!
take a look on my video ;)

htt p://youtu.be/S5_xzBupFmo

just remove the space betwen the http i cant post urls :rofl:

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
Wonder what this will sound like on a boc with a miltek catback :)
:)

Any one got one??

Also take it you lads don't have it mapped so that should be ok??

Last edited:

JosephGeorge

59" seat ibiza fr 1.4 tsi - EML recently had my mid box removed and replaced with a new pipe at my local exhaust fabricators for a little more noise. Everything was fine until a day later my engine management light has come on, and the car sounds very tinny and underpowered after 5krpm. I have deleted the code ps thru the ecu to clear the EML light and it keeps re appearing. A friend of mine who has the same car same engine etc, had the same thing done to his exhaust and he has had no EML light? Has this happene to anyone else, and any one offer me any advice on what to do?

MattMK5

Jul 7, 2013
59" seat ibiza fr 1.4 tsi - EML recently had my mid box removed and replaced with a new pipe at my local exhaust fabricators for a little more noise. Everything was fine until a day later my engine management light has come on, and the car sounds very tinny and underpowered after 5krpm. I have deleted the code ps thru the ecu to clear the EML light and it keeps re appearing. A friend of mine who has the same car same engine etc, had the same thing done to his exhaust and he has had no EML light? Has this happene to anyone else, and any one offer me any advice on what to do?

Is it actually the Engine Management Light (EPC)?

As I thought I had my EML on once, but if you read the user manual is actually the exhaust/emissions light, which could mean they've knocked an O2 sensor, as this was the issue I had with mine when I first had it.

JMWalton

Feb 25, 2014
i thought so too.

aye that's true i suppose, not really often, i'm lucky enough to only drive the car for pleasure :D work offshore so don't drive to work in it or that.

i'll go down to my local exhaust place tomorrow to see about getting it done. can't see it being too expensive, especially as the replacement pipe won't be stainless steel

I've just had a custom backbox put on think I'm going back for the full custom system doing as one came past me and there was so much more growl (it's tony banks in Leeds that does all my systems there great everytime and comewith a lifetime warranty and they will build it exactly how you want it)

I work @ sea too who you work for. I used to work for Holland America I work for the IoM steam packet company

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.