Cupra/Bocanegra Silencer Removal

JosephGeorge

Is it actually the Engine Management Light (EPC)?

As I thought I had my EML on once, but if you read the user manual is actually the exhaust/emissions light, which could mean they've knocked an O2 sensor, as this was the issue I had with mine when I first had it.

No it's 100% EML light! just started my car then and it's idling so lumpy it's untrue. What could be the cause of this?

JMWalton

Feb 25, 2014
You said you read the codes what fault did it throw up ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
its just replacing the pipe thow there no where near any sensors... might just be a coincidence this has happend

my boc has this removed for ages with zero problems make it alittle bit louder but not mentaly...

mx5

Apr 26, 2014
Ireland
I read this thread and thought about taking out my center box for a few weeks. I really wanted the crackle some dsg boxes emit on flat up shifts. I decided, to hell with it I would try it and put it back in if it was too loud.

The result is perfect so far, 2-3 days, on WOT up shifts it crackles and spits nicely but on cruise its just slightly louder. I'm happy with the result. There is very little difference when driving normally. The crackles are also more noticeable when the rear seats are folded down.

MoorXD

Aug 18, 2014
Grimsby Lincolnshire
What do you mean by group buy?
I have already got mine booked in for Saturday at map tech they are charging me around £45
You also from around Grimsby
I have only seen a couple cupra in Grimsby

Last edited:

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
What do you mean by group buy?
I have already got mine booked in for Saturday at map tech they are charging me around £45
You also from around Grimsby
I have only seen a couple cupra in Grimsby

Doesn't matter bud , sometimes if you get like 3 or 4 people getting the same job done at the same time they do a bit of discount . Let me know how they get on with it . Cheers

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
Last edited:

cupra2424

Jan 8, 2015
yea done that as well so binned the lot of it miltek sucks

custom with a tiny bike can on the back well not a bike can but its tiny back box

sounds miles better imo

both videos of my car both mods done

here it is custom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFZ61HgeIjY

miltek with middle silencer out still sounded poop imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ticQ53pIMts

TROPHY is it very loud going slow?? your video makes me wanna buy the custom exhuast to the boc ... i want the best og both worlds quiet at low speeds and loud at full throutle

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.