Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Cupra brand logo

Discussion in 'CUPRA Brand General Discussion' started by Wings988, Oct 21, 2018.

1. bandit77

bandit77 Full Member

My Mk3 Ibiza cupra had the flag logo on the center console, that was a 2000. Plus the cupra letters on the early cupra's had the flag at the end of the letters, this was on the dash and on the tailgate generally, which was different to the R's Cupra Flags.

Im not a fan of the new Cupra Logo, i don't really know why they need to split it to a seperate brand. I personally don't have an issue with it being a SEAT cupra.... A bit like a VW GTI...

#21 bandit77, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    20VT_AUQ and Wings988 like this.
  2. AndrewJB

AndrewJB Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing

Its really grown on me actually the badge, CUPRA is hoping to branch out making cars rather than just rebadging SEAT's just like SEAT did years ago with FIAT.

rich RS likes this.
  3. rich RS

rich RS Ibiza 1.4 TSI ACT 150 FR

Yes, I was rather unsure of the new CUPRA branding at first, now I'm rather liking it - even though the logo is still rather strange!!

4. Action Man

Action Man Active Member

Well CUPRA wont make their own cars since they are owned by SEAT, who is owned by AUDI , who is owned by VW who is probably owned by some 50% Chinese conglomerate, who then may well be owned by the Russians, who are part owned by the USA and then everyone is controlled by the Illuminate ..... So bottom line is.... you can't buy what they don't make so go with the flow and play with the toys in the box

5. @Action Man you should start a readers ride thread for you'r car so you can get all your post's done and share your motors with us.

Re ownership of the tribe its VW is the public company who in turn are majority owned by the Porsche Family from memory

#25 Deleted member 103408, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2019
  6. AndrewJB

AndrewJB Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing

Yep Porsche family overall control now even though Porsche (the car manufacturer is owned by VWG)

You are right @Action Man CUPRA can only play with the toys they are given but then wont be simply rebadging SEAT's in the future they will be making cars that you cant buy as a SEAT.

7. 20VT_AUQ

20VT_AUQ Toledo 'black knight'

I love all the Cupra logos in fact all 3 will coexist in my Seat Toledo, in addition to Seat logo LOL:
    • "S" by Seat in the front grill (stock)
    • Cupra flag in front grill aswell (near right headlight)
    • "R" badges next to side indicators (old Cupra R mk1 badges)
    • Cupra tribal logo at ass (trunk)
    I might remove the side R or replace it by cupra flags, will think about it.