Cupra bumper on FR TDI

SparcoZS

I recently put a post up about the tdi and fitting a cupra bumper to a standard tdi engine and the response was that you have to get the intercooler moved. Just wondered if this is the case for the IBIZA FR TDI and if the cupra bumpers will fit on this or not?

Thanks all for you responses

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
the bumpers will fit , i ran mine for a few months on the standard intercooler and altho having maginally more smoke it ran fine , altho not as quick , a easy fix is to remove the drivers side fog light , the proper fix ix to fit either the cupra TDI front mount intercooler or forge motorsport do a kit , which in my opinion is easier to fit, i have one n it rocks , i dont fancy running cupra bumpers and the stanadard side mounted cooler on say a remapped car , i know a guy who did , n he munched turbos,

as i said , on my standard boost car all was fine

welcome by the way

Last edited:

Triple D

Yep the forge intercooler is a piece of p**s to fit, it took about just over 2 hrs and im an amiture. It makes a complete difference to the car and it will fit behind the standard Fr bumpers that i got on mine.

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
spaniels fr said:
Yep the forge intercooler is a piece of p**s to fit, it took about just over 2 hrs and im an amiture. It makes a complete difference to the car and it will fit behind the standard Fr bumpers that i got on mine.

Doesn't your car suffer from turbo lag afterwards?
I'm curious because I want the fmic too when the car is mapped :)

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Ibiza Evo 2 said:
I found that there was a tiny bit of lag when the Forge FMIC was installed on mine. Although saying that, it was the second one I'd had on there as my car was the dev car. From what I remember the original one was a 40mm core, but the production one that's now installed is a 50mm.

Realistically, there's no real reason to get the car remapped (again) after having it installed as the ECU should be able to adapt to it, so if your car already has been, then there's no need to get it done again with a different code.

Triple D

mrcoyote said:
Realistically, there's no real reason to get the car remapped (again) after having it installed as the ECU should be able to adapt to it, so if your car already has been, then there's no need to get it done again with a different code.
If you go for custom code stage 2 then add a FMIC then they need it in again for another day and a half to re-ajust the settings etc.

Triple D

Ibiza Evo 2 said:
Im getting custom code stage 2 next April so i wanted to have all my mods done before i have that done.Also go for a complete new exhaust system aswell as that will improve the way the car picks up aswell and make the turbo spool up faster so if there is any turbo lag from the intercooler, which i haven't noticed, the exhaust will cancel that out.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise