Cupra Bumpers on 1.2

Deleted member 5985

I've been doing a bit of searching but still have a couple of questions.

I'm considering putting cupra front & rear bumpers on my 1.2 as I might be keeping my car for another year and hate the way it looks at the mo apart from my alloys. I'll buy the pre-facelift bumpers & all the grills etc. Roughly how much will it costs to buy all this unpainted?

It's a base spec 1.2 so doesn't have fog lights to fit into the cupra bumpers, so are these cheap enough/easy enough to sort out? I have NO idea when it comes to wiring/electronics, but could get a friend who does know if needed. Otherwise can you buy the Cupra bumpers without the holes for the fog lights in the grills?

Also will a cupra backbox fit onto the 1.2 exhaust? as it looks like I have a flacid, un-aroused exhaust under the bumper and looks rather embaressing lol.

I'm not planning to slap cupra badges all over my car, just want to make it look a little more interesting & the cupra bumpers look spot on.

gazjones

got a fog light kit form seat for about £120 pounds this included two lights the loom and new switch. think rear bumper is around 200 for everything you need ie bumper reflectors and numberplate housing front is a bit cheaper i think but not entirly sure on front

yannis

Mar 21, 2006
Athens, Greece
Hi there, you definitely need the foglights, check eurocarparts as well, i think they do them for cheaper. I paid 850 euros (including spraying) over in Greece. The cupra box will also fit, i have put an fr one recently, no probs.

Deleted member 11127

i want to do the same for mine but just cannot get myself to do all this to a measley 1.2! lol saving for a tdi Fr :)....plus dam insurance!

Deleted member 5985

Yeah, if I didn't have to get fog lights and a new backbox I probably would do it, but I wouldn't have any change left from 1000 quid after I got some coilovers as well. Bit stupid to spend that amount on a 1.2 when it's still slow, just trying to make it a bit more bareable to look at! Will probably still get some coilovers to sort the handling and the ridiculously high rear suspension.

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
I didnt have fogs in mine for a months or so before i got my FMIC and it looked fine - looked quite aggressive infact. I wouldnt worry about getting the foggies first and just get the bumpers. You can always get an airfeed in one of the holes!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise