Cupra Dust Caps

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
Hi all.

I had a puncture repair done last week, and just noticed that the garage have put a fluorescent green dust cap on, I mean it really does match in well with the styling of the mystery blue Cupra. :think:

But it got me looking at some new ones for all around the car. However i cannot seem to find any with the Cupra Flag on, theres loads with the SEAT logo and the FR Logo.

Has anyone seen any Cupra Ones? Ideally looking for blue ones too.

Cheers

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Flourescent green normally means they have inflated your tyres with nitrogen. Where did u get it done?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
Flourescent green normally means they have inflated your tyres with nitrogen. Where did u get it done?

Hmm, Just a local garage by work. I have had tyres from them in the past.

I got the impression that thye had just lost my existing dust cap somewhere and just stuck on whatever they had to hand.

I take it there is no way to tell?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'm a bit OCD over "insignificant" things like valve covers, so I would always remove the valve cover(s) from any wheels being punctured repaired or tyres replaced.

One thing to watch out for if fitting special valve covers is, most if not all the special ones are made out aluminium alloy, and that means that they will end up seizing to the brass valve body if left on for a long period and without any preventative grease being applied first.

I agree that normally green means tyre has been filled with Nitrogen.

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Hmm, Just a local garage by work. I have had tyres from them in the past.

I got the impression that thye had just lost my existing dust cap somewhere and just stuck on whatever they had to hand.

I take it there is no way to tell?
Best way is to ask them if it is nitrogen or if it is coz they lost your dust cap and just fit what they had to hand.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I’ve got the perfect ones, being the same under skin and all that.. :whistle::snack:

4C58587B-04DD-4D74-9F0E-65C67656D3AA.jpeg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.