Cupra Dynamic body repairs

DougCupra280

Feb 17, 2019
Hi All,

I am in the process of finding a suitable place to get some spray work done on my newly purchased Cupra 280. - I actually just found out that it belonged to another forum member here prior to it being written off.

I love the colour (Dynamic) and want to get the best possible paint match for the car. Ideally I would buy some OEM paint but I have no idea who the Paint manufacturer is. I have emailed SEAT but they have had difficulty sourcing touch up paint so I am not holding my hopes up..

Needs some minor bodywork to wings and both bumpers will need painting as the ones I have sourced are in white, not Dynamic grey!

I am based in Cornwall, Any info anyone might have would be appreciated.

Cheers
Doug

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Any body shop worth their salt can mix the paint from paint code. I had skirts painted in dyn grey at an independent bodyshop from paint code. Do you have the paint code?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Or if you take it to a decent body shop, they will have a spectrophotometer. This tool allows them to match/mix the paint exactly to your vehicle, without the need for a paint code, as the tool scans the actual paint.

DougCupra280

Feb 17, 2019
Yes, paint is LS7J. - A a few people have said it's hard to match. Kiddo, Its encouraging that you have had some mixed from paint code. - Dynamic grey is not some strange new mystical paint after all :)

We have a couple of pretty good body shops locally, I'll take it too one of them.

Thanks for the reply's,

Doug

hallsy67

Mar 11, 2010
Bristol
Hi Doug.
I’ve got the original touch up paint in the shed but I think it may take a bit more than that. Il sort out all the paperwork I have for the car and send it off to you. Good luck with the repair and il be glad to see the golf r slayer back on the road.

DougCupra280

Feb 17, 2019
Hi Doug.
I’ve got the original touch up paint in the shed but I think it may take a bit more than that. Il sort out all the paperwork I have for the car and send it off to you. Good luck with the repair and il be glad to see the golf r slayer back on the road.

:) yeah just a bit. - The car came with no bumpers whatsoever. I have sourced some immaculate ones but they are white not the Dynamic grey. It looked white in the pictures!

hallsy67

Mar 11, 2010
Bristol
:) yeah just a bit. - The car came with no bumpers whatsoever. I have sourced some immaculate ones but they are white not the Dynamic grey. It looked white in the pictures!
Both bumpers were beyond repair unfortunately and yes it does look white until your next to a white car!