Cupra engine fans run after switch off

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
My car has had a faulty thermostat for a while. Got it changed the other day.

Since then the fan has come on a couple of times after switching the car off. It goes off after a bit mind you. The car wasn't getting up to temp properly before so I didn't notice this.

Faulty temp sensor? Or do other peoples cars do this from time to time?

Had the car from new and never noticed this before.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Thanks. This was only after about 10miles of normal driving.

I'm going to speak to the garage today and see what they think too.

Before even after a good a thrashing I've never noticed this when getting out the car.

garyhdrums

Thanks. This was only after about 10miles of normal driving.

I'm going to speak to the garage today and see what they think too.

Before even after a good a thrashing I've never noticed this when getting out the car.
Mine does it usually on a warm day but it was 3 degrees Celsius here this morning and I drove to Asda through country roads and the fan was on when I got out and was off when I returned. Mine could be broken haha although I'm sure my Golf GT did the same thing!

Like Gaming? Www.youtube.com/c/thescottishtrooper

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
It did it briefly this morning, but I sat with engine running for a few minutes before switching off. The fans came on for about 10secs then went off.

Hardscupra16

Jul 8, 2016
Yes my LCR does the same I travel 15 miles to work and when I leave it a couple of minutes before switching off they stay on for at least 10 seconds after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I ran the aircon for a bit yesterday and the fans turned slow as they should. Stopped the car and the fans didn't blast after switching off.

I then gave the car a good run with aircon off and gave it a bit of thrashing. Turned it off and no fan blast again.

I then sat with car running for ages. The fans went on and off slowly to cool the engine as they should. When I turned it off, no blast of fans.

Drove it another couple of time since that and still no blast after switching off.

Very strange. Have never noticed it doing this and had the car from new.