Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

CUPRA Formentor general discussion

Discussion in 'CUPRA Formentor' started by Titchy, Feb 15, 2019.

1. kanyewest

kanyewest Full Member

i agree with @Damo H, those seats are like something out of the boardroom of an alien council

2. Seastormer

Seastormer Cupra 280/CBF1000

Just read in Auto Express that it will also be offered with the Cupra Ateca motor too, that would be my choice I think instead of the hybrid.

3. Wings988

Wings988 Full Member

It's a Cupra branded model so why does it also have the Cupra lettering below the Cupra brand logo on the back? It's double cupra badging, it would make more sense to have Formentor lettering. I can understand having Cupra lettering on the mk3 Leon as it has a SEAT badge but this is like having the SEAT badge and then instead of saying Leon as on non cupra versions it saying SEAT which would look odd as this does.

kanyewest and Brooster89 like this.
  4. Wings988

Wings988 Full Member

I'm getting confused now as to what the Cupra brand is meant to be. Since the Cupra versions have existed of SEAT cars they have been the top of the range performance model. Now we are getting Cupra branded cars but they're all SUV's so far, currently the fashion. Now we have a car badged as Cupra Cupra with a 1.4 engine plus hybrid tech and there's going to be a 2.0 Turbo version, will that be the Cupra Curpa Plus.

As there's going to be SEAT badged version of the same car tI would expect there'll also be a Formentor FR which based on the current FR range of cars will have barely any visual difference except the badges from the Cupra Cupra (Formentor).

I guess that the Mk4 Leon Cupra will be the 1st Cupra branded hot hatch, will this be badged as Cupra Cupra?

Non car enthusiast people already ask me what my SEAT Cupra model is as they don't know, I have to tell them it's a Leon. I can only see the confusion rising further with the Cupra Cupra badged cars. I do wonder how these will appear in search engines and popular car sales websites, I searched a few years ago for Fiat Punto Abarths and wondered why none were for sale nationally, I then realised they were listed under manufacturer Abarth. How many folk will make the same error with Cupra, especially when we will be in a position of both SEAT Cupra cars and also Cupra Cupra cars on the market??

Seastormer and Brooster89 like this.
  5. batmanvip123

batmanvip123 Full Member