Cupra Front brake pads DIY

k123

Why did you need to replace the helicoil? I'm thinking about stripping down my calipers and cleaning them as I think I have a sticky piston. I tried cleaning by bridge bolt sleeves but couldn't shift the dirt so may invest in some new ones.

Helicoil just wasn't there anymore!! :shrug:
It sounds crazy but after having pads and discs replaced (I was being lazy that day!) I had a look at the caliper to see if they'd cleaned them up any and noticed a rather large threaded hole in each caliper.
I checked a couple of photo's and they've been missing for some time...

At some point in it's life it appears that 1 helicoil, 2 bridge bolts and 2 bridge tubes might just have fallen out of the calipers.....or some dodgy individual messed up the helicoil, didn't know how to fix it so took the same bolt out of the other caliper to make them match!!!

Sounds crazy but I can't understand how that lot just wasn't there anymore!!

davep2604

spoke directly to AP R they recomended contacting circuit supplies (01525-385888) tim was very obliging cross-refing and he came up with cp 6600 D55 .not D59 for the seat origonals ,as for the fitting kit he can supply the pin's for £2 each,(so hammer away lol)great post by the way

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Do you mean the caliper part numbers? They are CP6607-8S0 and CP6607-9S0 according to AP Racing.

davep2604

thanks kriso, unfortunately just been on APR no corresponding details as i feared the pads are seat only(bespoke)theirs are 59mm as against 55 mm on cp6600, but apparently the length is the same 130mm,

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Yea length is the same. If you are after the pads, you can get them from a Seat dealer or go for some aftermarket ones. Alot of ppl have the Ferodo DS2500. They are about the same price and give even more stopping power. Check out the badger5 forum for info.

cp6607_pad.jpg

davep2604

managed to source the exact replcement pads 6ll698-151 seat/vw groupcode( not via the seat ) brb doin the happy dance a company called LINCOLN TPS they're based in newark not far from me ended paying £56 with the vodka ana tonic RESULT !!!!!!instead of using lot's of different punches . cut once in the centre of the retaining pins bend inner half slightly so as not to obstruct the outer half of the pin.use a 4mm punch (cut down to 20-25mm)tap through.next unbolt the caliper(you have to to get the discs off)remove the retaining clip off the flexi hose@top of back-plate, turn caliper wrong way round insert 1 caliper bolt tighten. using a centre-punch mark the centre of the remaining, pins using a 4mm drill, slowly drill the head of the retaining pin(like drilling the middle out of a pop-rivet)usthe 4mm punch drift through remove the collet bobs youre auntie

davep2604

time served spanner monkey.not in the trade now, but i still dabble this time it's cetane insead of octane I LOVE MY TRACTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!tee hee. mines black aswell minor tweaks UNDER THE BONNET suspension next strut brace coil overs maybe good ride as is.brake job done discs asa well £130 including pin kit

Last edited by a moderator:

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
That seems pretty cheap, I hope they are the right ones because that site lists a different size. They should be 130mm not 110mm and not have wear sensor wires.

It also seems to think the 1.8T Cupra has different brakes (Brembo) and 288mm discs :think:

JPS3290

Dirty Diesel
Jun 6, 2003
Durham
Visit site
Got the disc's and pad's on with very few issues. Pin's are a little difficult to get out but managed in the end. Only took a couple of hours including giving them a good clean. Same time it took to do the same job on the Scooby's Brembo's a couple of weeks ago :D

Been to parents this afternoon and working spot on ;)

Leonidas_Fr_GR

Help PLEASE!!! :(

When i was trying to change brake fluids one of the bleed screw broke inside the caliper!! :wtf:
Does anybody know the AP part number of the bleed screw which is used at Ibiza Cupra 4pot Ap calipers?

Help me mates!!!
Thanks..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.