Cupra front bumper - help!

CupraOl

Mar 8, 2004
Visit site
Hi

I'm having my Cupra front bumper resprayed, but the bodyshop are saying that the grille is "moulded" so they are going to have to mask around it.

I'd obviously rather have them take the grille out. Is the grille removable? I've searched and found that a new grille can be ordered, but not found out whether it is possible to remove the existing one?

If it is removable, please could someone tell me how? I can then let the bodyshop know!

Thanks very much. :thumbup:

luke_h

Aug 2, 2009
the top 2 side ones are they are all moulded to the bumper backing

but i cant remember about the big middle one long time since i striped one

luke_h

Aug 2, 2009
oh yeh i do i think they are plastic welded on little tabs you can get them off and reweld them on its a piss about tho it will be ok masked up unless they gota do a repair right next to it then its gota cum out really

CupraOl

Mar 8, 2004
Visit site
Thanks mate.

I have this part number from the FAQ thread: 6LL 853 667 79Y. I think this is for the main large centre grille and would have thought that if you could order a new one you would be able to remove and replace the old one. I've just checked the message from the bodyshop and they're saying that the centre grille is "bonded to the bumper" This must be the tabs you're talking about. :confused:

Last edited:

L14M_T

THE JOYS OF A 1200cc
Jan 14, 2009
RCT, South Wales
mine all came seperate when I bought my bumper new, the big centre grille pushed in from the back of the bumper which is pretty tight and goes in and catches on tabs so be carefull taking it out as you could snap a few lugs off.

luke_h

Aug 2, 2009
yeh they are plastic welded there no point buying a new one because you can get the grill off fine all the time its what you do to the bumper it has little pegs sticking out and the grill slides over them them weld them so if you cut them off and buy a new grill??? get what i mean there will be no pegs on the bumper if you take ya time you can get them off and on again but if you only avin it painted for stone chips etc no pint tacking it out we dont just take ya time and mask it will be fine

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.