Cupra fuel

Chudders

May 1, 2017
UK
Minimum I put in my 300 is BP Ultimate 97. Best I can get where I live. Otherwise it’s a long detour to a Shell garage for V Power.

Yeah, i will just fill-up with whatever "Premium" fuel i can get hold of dependant on where i am, my local is Tesco so usually use Momentum 99, my nearest shell is 10miles away.

For the sake of 5p a litre just use whatever premium is available at the time, - It will run fine on any 95, but you will feel a difference with premium grades; It's a performance car.

Deleted member 103408

it will run fine on 95 ron but you get better power output with 99 ron.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Hi, obviously Seat recommend premium unleaded for the Cupra, I was just wondering if anyone regularly uses standard unleaded and noticed any difference?
I've always used premium too, from the first time I opened the cap and saw the recommendation.
Mostly Tesco.

Not specifically about the Cupra but there's loads of info on the golf R on this topic and it's the same engine.

VW's official line is in the screenshot.

There's also an interesting take on this topic in these videos

Fifth gear test

Independent test (with APR's official stance)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Minimum I put in my 300 is BP Ultimate 97. Best I can get where I live. Otherwise it’s a long detour to a Shell garage for V Power.

You should fill up with some v-power tomorrow whilst you can! I've already programmed the satnav including 2 possible Shell garages. I won't make it there, back, and a drive on a single tank!!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
You should fill up with some v-power tomorrow whilst you can! I've already programmed the satnav including 2 possible Shell garages. I won't make it there, back, and a drive on a single tank!!
I'll make it... easy get 400 miles out of mine lol

Reactions: saveoursouls

Deleted member 103408

just filled mine up says i have 270 in the tank.I will be filling up before i arrive.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Only BP and Gull have 98 here. Gull is E10, so I prefer not to use it. Luckily BP have a nationwide network and 98 easy to find. Although my town didn't have 98 until 3 years ago.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
I mostly use 95 and it seems to run just fine to me. I'm assuming it's maybe down 20 horses but that's still 280. I've also had over 40mpg so I can't believe economy can be much better. You pays your money...

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
I recently asked about this and people on here turned me to 99 ron. I dont know if its placebo but to me the car felt more responsive and the car sounded much nicer. Again placebo i dont know. Even if it makes no difference power wise its better for the engine :)
Ahhhh I see.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
www.kowalskidetails.co.uk
I recently asked about this and people on here turned me to 99 ron. I dont know if its placebo but to me the car felt more responsive and the car sounded much nicer. Again placebo i dont know. Even if it makes no difference power wise its better for the engine :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Exactly right and it'll make a huge difference. R-Tec put a post up about a car they mapped the other day, couldn't get the desired results as it was ran on poor 95. MQB cars are sensitive to fuel, so if your driving a Cupra/S3 etc, my advise is Tesco or Shell

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.