cupra internals

s3 evil

Feb 29, 2008
internal

so al in all no point changing my internals unless goin bigger turbo or is it worth geetting them done and pushing my ihi to its limit or is that not safe

and wat dv shall i fit got the forge one in my s3 glove box and the plastic one fitted

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
if OE valve is working for you keep it on there, however listen our for it chirping and expired as ihi bearings do not like high boost and compressor stalling.
way too many people have suffered bearing failures and distorted exhaust housings, and one or two seem just plain lucky. (myself for example as I have not personally suffered a bearing failure, but have several distorted housings sat around me from overheat.

if you can budget for a replacement then its your call as to how high you want to run it, but bare in mind the advise given on this thread when making your decision.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I got a question, whats the stock head good for? Small port?

I take it the exhaust valves are the weaker point, but what takes it to kill them? 7+ full loads and lean mapping?

Just thinking at what point will i need to go for some decent valves etc...

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
revs and high egts will shorten their life, both inlets and exhausts (2-piece valves as std)

inlets and exhausts loose their heads

smallport flowed to 400bhp I think, but from largeport same airflow would be possible from less boost........ its not about boost, but airflow to make the higher power.

s3 evil

Feb 29, 2008
internal

is this anything to do wid da plastic dv

wen i put my foot down it pulls back for a split sec and earlier 2day the epc light came on the dash and wen tried to put my foot down was pulling like a standard 1.8 with no turbo and wen it reached 4000 revs did not want to go any further is this anything to do with that or a turbo pipe failure

caveo

OOOH SH!T ! just read through this and iv had the stupid splir r on my ihi for a while and its sh!te even in full recirc. Im runing 1.4 bar and have been told by jbs AND forge id need a 007p ( again ) with YELLOW sping and its going to be here in the morning ... should i be worried??

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
OOOH SH!T ! just read through this and iv had the stupid splir r on my ihi for a while and its sh!te even in full recirc. Im runing 1.4 bar and have been told by jbs AND forge id need a 007p ( again ) with YELLOW sping and its going to be here in the morning ... should i be worried??

i think its down to the mapping/mapper. the words were ive mapped it to that spring strength so dont touch it!

if in doubt check with whoever mapped it.

caveo

just to clear it up , the car is alot better/smoother now back to the 007 and the angry squril noise has gone compleatly ( any idea what the hell that was ?)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise