1. Hi Guest. Booking is now open for our national meet on Sunday 14th July - all SEATs and CUPRAs welcome - we'd love to see you there. - Find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Cupra Leon

Discussion in 'CUPRA Brand General Discussion' started by Seastormer, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Seastormer

Seastormer Cupra 280/CBF1000

Auto Express has pics and details of Cupra Leon, coming in 2020/21 and will be hybrid but with more power than Fomentor, and also be available as a petrol only too, looks more like my type of car than the half SUV.

2. Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83 Full Member

Brooster89 likes this.
  3. Damo H

Damo H Because I was inverted...

They might be pictures but they’re not actual pictures, just photoshop as usual.

4. Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83 Full Member

Decent effort though this time

You can see the current MK3, R and the new MK4 elements they've used.

I hope they do get rid of the front fogs on the new design.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5. AndrewJB

AndrewJB Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing

Yeh usual photoshops. When I was talking to the boss of Cupra Racing in Barca recently he was super excited about the possibility of the future Cupra being powerful electric ones.

6. Kothaex

Kothaex Full Member

I'm definitely excited for the prospect of performance hybrids, but I can't wrap my head around why they aren't putting bigger engines in.
    IIRC the current performance hybrids are running 1.4L engines? Why not 1.6, 2.0 :D

Either way the electric drivetrain should produce some nice takeoffs, just a shame about the extra weight.

Anyone know how tuneable existing performance hybrids are, e.g. Golf GTE? 245BHP is nice but I'd like to see how high they can go.