Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Cupra Lux leather?

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by Rob66, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Rob66

Rob66 Full Member

Hi folks

Has anyone got a picture of the full leather seats in the 290 Lux that they could post please?

I've had a good look on the net but seem few and far between. If anyone has any views on them would be good as well - I was about to order a straight 290 but have been offered a good deal on a Lux.

Thanks all

Rob

#1 Rob66, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Mystery290 likes this.
  2. Ken H

Ken H Full Member

I’ll try and get a picture to you today Rob, if I can figure out how to send one. When ordering the 290 st,I asked for full leather, but was told I couldn’t get it. It did however arrive with full leather seats . I know people on here have trouble with the Alcantara seats with the issue being the white material cracking/splitting on the sides of seats.
    This was one of the reasons I ordered the full leather ,as I felt that material in the pictures I saw before I ordered, looked a bit flimsy. I also felt that it would be hard to clean. Glad I did now .
    They are pretty hard wearing, I haven’t cleaned or treated in 3 years and are still in perfect condition. The pictures I saw of the seats before ordering didn’t do the car any justice , as when it arrived I was convinced they were a completely different seat. A Matt type finish rather than a shiny one. The leather looked a lot better in person and of higher quality. Maybe it was changed/ upgraded.They look in my opinion far better in the car than the ones with the white strips . The only downside from new I felt maybe they were a bit hard and the support could be better. The bucket seats I hear offer better support but the plastic backs I’m not sure about.
    I’m ordering again in a few months time once Seat/Cupra figure out what they are doing with the brand here in Ireland. Waiting on the Mk 1V to arrive. It will be the full leather again I feel!

Rob66 likes this.
  3. CupraGeezer

CupraGeezer Full Member

It will be a while before the Mk 4 Cupra arrives. I wouldn't expect it until 2020.

4. Rob66

Rob66 Full Member

Thanks for the reply Ken, much appreciated.

I looked at a couple of GTIs with leather and it was really saggy so was a little concerned. Yours sounds okay though.

The alcantara seats are really comfy, but I think I will go with the leather, they will soften over time I would think, heated is an added bonus as well.

5. Rob66

Rob66 Full Member

Managed to find a pic

[​IMG]

6. Ken H

Ken H Full Member

Yes drivers seat has definitely softened over the years.

Rob66 likes this.
  7. Ken H

Ken H Full Member

Really? That’s not good then !

8. CupraGeezer

CupraGeezer Full Member

I have no inside information but its rare for the performance model of any range to be available from the outset.

For example, the Mk 3 Leon was launched at the 2012 Paris Motor Show with deliveries coming through from early 2013. However, the Cupra wasn't available until 2014.

Similarly, cooking Mk 2 Leons were available from 2005 but the Cupra wasn't available until 2007.

Not sure what effect the launch of Cupra as a separate brand will have but my suspicion is that the Cupra won't be available until at least a year after the launch of the Mk 4 Leon.