Cupra mpg

Ben-ibizaFR

Sep 23, 2012
Preston
Hello. What's the mpg like on your Cupra? Looking like im getting one. Lotts of stop start traffic to wrk and motor way drive. I'm pretty set on it but don't wAnt to get eaten alive by the fuel ! Cheers !

Dan1992

Dec 29, 2014
hi, i'm roughly getting 32 mpg with short town with 20mi motorway + a somewhat heavy foot when i'm bored. If I drive sensibly i'm managing 37 on those trips. Generally a full tank gets me 300miles on average.

IbizaMK5CupraDB

Apr 22, 2014
Cheshire
Yeah I seem to get mid 30's dependant on my driving. If I drive like a snail I can achieve around 45mpg, but why drive like that when you can have such fun.

jakesbrakes

Rapid old fart
Jun 23, 2010
Bexhill on sea
Would confirm the figures seen so far.. On V-power expect 350 miles a tankful

This is my second bite at the Cupra the earlier version new in 2012 had serious problem with oil consumption got 500/600 per litre plus odd noises from the transmission.

The latest version new in Sept 2014 one of the first off the production line after the summer shutdown proved to be so different ie uses oil at 3000 miles only added 1/2 litre, the engine appears to be much smoother and the transmission is smooth as silk (Very impressed)
Am of the serious opinion this is the best value small slightly warm hatchback on the road. Came with a proper steel spare wheel a dab radio front and rear parking sensors and a stick on dash performance gauge passengers love it.
Off the line has been leaving Fiesta St's in the dust.

If anyone is in market for a new one suggest now is the time. Once the new one comes out probably with the Tsi !.8 , the twin charger is going to be talked about for a long time.
Its a joy to drive, more so if you drive it like a motorbike. Luv it.:thanks:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members