Cupra orders - paid list or got some £ off?

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
Have any of you early Leon Cupra orderers got some £ off the price, something free included or have the dealer(s) insisted you pay full list price for everything?

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
Approx £800 off, not bad...assuming you have order from a main dealer (which one?) did you struggle to get this or were they fairly "giving"?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
re: 4% deal - did you take their finance? They'll get a 4% kick back from the finance company as commission

Always worth pramming them to get that back if poss

scottynic

Thats funny I emailed seat to see when the order books were to be opened and they said February so how did you manage to order the cars?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
There has been a hell of a lot of confusion around ordering this car for months. Some dealers saying you can, but instead just writing names on a bit of paper.

My dealer goes by the book and would not take an order from me until it was properly available. As of last week they can now officially be ordered as dealers have had details through.

Scott

alffi

Jan 8, 2007
Approx £800 off, not bad...assuming you have order from a main dealer (which one?) did you struggle to get this or were they fairly "giving"?

re: 4% deal - did you take their finance? They'll get a 4% kick back from the finance company as commission

Always worth pramming them to get that back if poss

Well, first of all I live in Finland. But still, 4% off is a good discount also here. It's a discount you usually do not get if it's not a company that orders it. A "bussiness discount". It's not standard to get it as a ragular customer, but I'm quite a salesperson my self :p

I was able to order my Cupra the 11th this month. The deliverytime is 13 weeks... they hope :whistle:

Did sell my Audi Sportback today, now I use a crappy, over ten years old Mazda untill I get my Cupra. Over two more months of waiting... pain!

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
Sorry to bring this up again!

I'm sorely tempted to order a Cupra in white but not from a main dealer, Carselect (ie LloydsTSB) have them at £1200 off list price. They say they order direct from Seat and cover the whole UK so get a good discount, its £500 deposit (fully refundable if you change your mind at a later date) and the OTR price includes the usual 12 months tax, 3yrs warranty, delivery to your door, mats and registration. The car is delivered from Seat to a UK main dealer who then preps it and delivers it to you.

cuprarstu

Jan 8, 2006
Hertfordshire
Sorry to bring this up again!

I'm sorely tempted to order a Cupra in white but not from a main dealer, Carselect (ie LloydsTSB) have them at £1200 off list price. They say they order direct from Seat and cover the whole UK so get a good discount, its £500 deposit (fully refundable if you change your mind at a later date) and the OTR price includes the usual 12 months tax, 3yrs warranty, delivery to your door, mats and registration. The car is delivered from Seat to a UK main dealer who then preps it and delivers it to you.

check out sites such as www.broadspeed.co.uk or drivethedeal.co.uk if you have not done so already, there are loads of such sites. Had a quick look at Broadspeed (who I ordered mine through) just now and they are offering about a £1k discount.

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
Yea i've looked on a few and Carselect seem very comptetive...plus my wife worked for LloydsTSB till being made redundant last year and also she bought a Corsa off them a few years back with no problems.

badtastebear

Jan 29, 2007
Berkshire
Thats it ringing my dealer tomorrow..they wouldnt give us anything off the cupra just mats and life shine yet broadspeed and LloydsTSB Car select are both selling the cars for £1000 less and they're delivery to you door!!!!!!!!

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
And they will probably say that Car Select etc wont be getting ANY Cupra's at all this year....if u believed the salesman at my dealer that is! (hey he might even end up being right....:-o ).

badtastebear

Jan 29, 2007
Berkshire
And they will probably say that Car Select etc wont be getting ANY Cupra's at all this year....if u believed the salesman at my dealer that is! (hey he might even end up being right....:-o ).

Whats your dealer had to say then?? Ours has gone quiet now that he's got the order he hasnt even rang with a defo delivery date yet:shrug:

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
Not spoke to the dealer....i'm supposed to be having a test drive when they get the demo in but i dont think they'd get near let alone match the Carselect price going off what the salesman was saying (they are only getting 11 for the year, no internet place is getting any etc etc). Infact i dont think they'd knock anything off apart from give you free mats, full tank of fuel etc...the niff naff stuff.