Cupra Overhaul!!

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Very nice!! Out of interest, where did you get all your bushes from and how much did they set you back?

Cheers

jNx

May 4, 2006
M25 J13
www.surreymodified.co.uk
All the parts are impressive yarda yarda yarda!

No one else has mentioned it, but thats a lovely space you got to work on the car!!

Wish I had a garage like that! Need to get myself out of London :D

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Bushes are from Powerflex, however most their list is wrong so hold fire untill I've got mine back together and I'll let everyone know the ones you need to order.

As for the garage, yes it is indeed my dad's all the beams running through it help when it comes to hanging things too! One priority when I move is to have a large double garage, so the mortgage is going to be huge. :(

Slippy, PM'd!

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Busy night again last night at work, got all the hub's painted aswell as a few other brackets. Also fitted my Neuspeed Short Shifter to the gearbox ready for it to be re-fitted tomorrow!

cupra_overhaul_24.JPG

Nice and clean, hopefully will stay that way for a few weeks at least... LOL

cupra_overhaul_25.JPG

cupra_overhaul_26.JPG

cupra_overhaul_27.JPG

Few daft brackets after a lick of paint.

cupra_overhaul_28.JPG

Neuspeed short shifter installed onto the gear box.

cupra_overhaul_29.JPG

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
If you dont mind me asking how much was neuspeed short shifter?and could you run that with the likes of b&m?

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Speak to Alex @ TTS Roadsport about the Neuspeed shifters, although yes you could run it with the B&M I personally aren't going to bother. From gear testing today the throw is sweet, just right and I've kept my OEM gear gaitor.

Car is still a road car, it's still retaining air-con whilst using a large intercooler designed to ditch aircon. And still has it's full Recaro leather interior. It's still 100% road legal but a possible de-cat may throw that spanner in the works.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
A Leon Cupra R with an E.I.P shifter, was really nice and precise hoping for the same experience with the neuspeed one, and it has more throw reduction than the B&M one.

Quiet a bit of progress today, had a friend up helpding me most the day get the box back in, and all the other bits on and in place!! Just need the ARB to arrive then within an hour or too the car should be back on the road! :D

Had another Powerflex nightmare but should hopefully sorted by Tuesday, the wishbone front bush inner collar bolt hole size was incorrect on one side.

cupra_overhaul_30.JPG

New flywheel and clutch.

cupra_overhaul_31.JPG

cupra_overhaul_32.JPG

Installed on the car.

cupra_overhaul_33.JPG

Vibra-Technics front engine mount.

cupra_overhaul_34.JPG

Ohh that wasn't there before!

cupra_overhaul_35.JPG

Good sign when the hubs and wheels are back on, shame their's no wishbones or engine bed!

cupra_overhaul_36.JPG

New H&R Coilovers.

cupra_overhaul_37.JPG

Front engine mount bushes and beam installed.

cupra_overhaul_38.JPG

Front engine mount installed.

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
looking good craig, im hoping your going to be installing a decent turbo to match all these performance goodies at a soonish date? :)

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
I might do, we shall see. Been looking into turbo options for near enough half a year now, requirements are quick spooling, holding boost and driveability. I wanted to do something different but the problems there is all options were pretty laggy.

By the time I would have spooled other big turbo's would have left me for dead.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.