Cupra R 2011

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Nope no option, weird, I’ve looked and can’t see anyway to update the software version, although it’s in a 2011 car so assumed it would have a postcode option as that is what I read.

The only thing that I could find was there was 2 versions of the RNS315. One which only did 4 digit postcode lookup and one which did the full 7. Nothing about it doing no lookup at all!!

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
That’s the what I read, the main issue with the nav is rubbish postcode lookup, again as you, not no postcode lookup, anyone else on the forums who’s into stereos I could ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Ok, I did a factory reset and now I have the option to enter postcode after pressing town as you said, odd, not sure if it was the updated maps that glitched it but all good now.

Also with the car going in for a stage 1 remap do you think I’d need back up cash for a clutch? Read differing thoughts on the standard clutch being ok.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ok, I did a factory reset and now I have the option to enter postcode after pressing town as you said, odd, not sure if it was the updated maps that glitched it but all good now.

Also with the car going in for a stage 1 remap do you think I’d need back up cash for a clutch? Read differing thoughts on the standard clutch being ok.

:coolthumb. Weird, but glad you got it sorted.

My stock clutch held up to 2+. And when it was removed they said "it looked new". So it just couldn't handle the top end of 2+. It's more the way you drive it. Keep in mind, if you end up with eg 310lbs of torque. That will only be in a narrow power band for a couple of hundred revs. So even if it does slip, you'll only likely notice if you floor it away from every set of lights. Plus, the higher the torque, the more difficult it is to put down. I wheel spin in every gear now. Clutch slip is the last problem I'd have LOL.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
:coolthumb. Weird, but glad you got it sorted.

My stock clutch held up to 2+. And when it was removed they said "it looked new". So it just couldn't handle the top end of 2+. It's more the way you drive it. Keep in mind, if you end up with eg 310lbs of torque. That will only be in a narrow power band for a couple of hundred revs. So even if it does slip, you'll only likely notice if you floor it away from every set of lights. Plus, the higher the torque, the more difficult it is to put down. I wheel spin in every gear now. Clutch slip is the last problem I'd have LOL.
I don't think I shoudl have a Cupra R lol I have't wheel spun mine yet...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I don't think I shoudl have a Cupra R lol I have't wheel spun mine yet...

Go 2+. If you lean on the accelerator, wheelspin. Rained within the last 8 weeks, wheelspin. Lights green, wheelspin. Motorway sliproad, wheelspin. Change gear too quickly, wheelspin. Change track on radio, wheelspin.
:drive1:

Reactions: RnPnJ

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Go 2+. If you lean on the accelerator, wheelspin. Rained within the last 8 weeks, wheelspin. Lights green, wheelspin. Motorway sliproad, wheelspin. Change gear too quickly, wheelspin. Change track on radio, wheelspin.
:drive1:
It's going to annoy you even more when I say I have some brand of tyres on that i've never heard of lol got them brand new so felt bad getting rid...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It's going to annoy you even more when I say I have some brand of tyres on that i've never heard of lol got them brand new so felt bad getting rid...

Ah, Lucky Golden Hedgehog Ditchfinder 3s? Anything else you need to tell me before I notice it?

Reactions: Maypack

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
No worries, makes me feel better about listening to the sugar babes, but at least I wheel spin, lol.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Maybe it's because my non awesome branded tyres are actually better than all your fancy versions lol

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Change of plan in the mapping front, APR 15% off sale so couldn’t resist, I’ll update with how big my smile is on Thursday late afternoon.

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Hit 5000 rpm in 3rd and the wheels spin, lol need the tyres from @Jimbobcook

Also doesn’t stop up to 140, just need less cars to see how far she pulls, .

Also dropped the girlfriend off at her mums apparently the exhaust popped as I went up the hill, I didn’t hear it as travelling faster than sound at that point.

So to answer your question, Yes it went amazingly well. Lol.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ace! Glad your liking it. If you get bored, chuck the power graph up! I love graphs!! LOL. Curious as to what the APR curve looks like.