Cupra R 2011

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Unfortunately it’s a generic map at stage 1 so no graph for me, but there is a local R/R which sometimes does a deal so I’ll be keeping an eye out so I can see for myself what she’s making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Seeing as Ebay are doing 10% off everything, what’s the thoughts on an induction kit,

Revo obviously most expensive but seems pretty good review wise. £270

MST looks pretty good and about a £40 saving on the Revo. £230

Ramair about 1/2 the price of the Revo as on a special anyway. £140

Thanks

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hate to say it, but 100% Revo. Reviews pin it at the best airflow. Also, have to watch the long term fuel trim. Mine currently sits at 9% (was 3% before fitting the intake). I'm not sure if its still an issue, but some were seeing fuel trims nearing the 20% mark and tripping the EML.

For what it's worth, I went standard Revo and not the Camcoat version and I don't have any problems with heat.

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Was expecting Revo to be the best, but was hoping I could save some money on the cheaper ones, oh well .
And totally lost on the fuel trim, I’ll get googling over the weekend.

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
With the engine done for now time to start on what you can see, PlastiDip ordered to black out my badges, and so it starts

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Starting with the small bits after the APR map, centre caps done, side lights done, Eibach sportlines ordered with H&R spacers, PlastiDip badges ready for when rain has passed and booked in for bodywork scratches, wheels back to black and callipers back to red, Merry Xmas Cupra R.

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Waiting for the eibach sportlines to arrive and have come across some extra cash for dampers / coilovers , and also worried that mine have done 70k and may not take to the lowering springs happily, any suggestions helpful.

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Also been quoted £250 for fitting, how does that sound to anyone that has had springs fitted.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So... from my very recent experience... I paid 3.75 hours labour for fitting my coilovers. I know, weird number, but that did include the tracking setup.

I've done 45k miles, most of that with H&R lowering springs and the mechanic said "nowt wrong with the dampers at all". I've just had the pro street s put on and find them a vast improvement over h&r springs + stock dampers if that sways you at all. Plus, they are height adjustable. So if you find them too "crashy" you can just raise the car 20mm.

Just to add. I considered VWR damper / spring kit. Eibach pro kit / b12s. B14 coilovers. KW V1s. ST-Xs. Before choosing the pro street s.

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
So... from my very recent experience... I paid 3.75 hours labour for fitting my coilovers. I know, weird number, but that did include the tracking setup.

I've done 45k miles, most of that with H&R lowering springs and the mechanic said "nowt wrong with the dampers at all". I've just had the pro street s put on and find them a vast improvement over h&r springs + stock dampers if that sways you at all. Plus, they are height adjustable. So if you find them too "crashy" you can just raise the car 20mm.

Just to add. I considered VWR damper / spring kit. Eibach pro kit / b12s. B14 coilovers. KW V1s. ST-Xs. Before choosing the pro street s.

The cost I got quoted for just springs is a bit overpriced then I would guess, surely just springs wouldn’t be much more than a couple of hours then. Also having a look around maybe I jumped the gun ordering just lowering springs as trying to find just dampers is expensive compared to buying the kit, see how just the springs go for now I guess.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Not sure. As you'll still need tracking. Plus to change just springs on the front is the same as changing the whole strut. Only on the rear is different as the dampers are separate. So I'd say around 2.5-3 hours plus tracking.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.