Cupra R and wheel hop ?

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
As there are only 24 in the country it could be a stab in the dark but I watched the YouTube review where they done a standing launch and it looked and sounded really good with no obvious hop or snapping of the front wheels and just wanted to know if thats what it's like after a dogbone insert ? And also does the R use different bushes and Subframe? As it loooked very smooth for the amount of bhp .

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
I lit up the tyres on a Cupra R without wheel hop, but I've done the same on my Cupra. It depends on road surface to a degree.

With mine it always snaps if I floor it from a stand still but it is a dsg and not manual , just looked really good how it layed the power down.

Last edited:

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
I was on a demo andI got wheel hop and loss of grip on the Cup2's on a damp surface flooring it after a roundabout down a dual carriageway.
I did not know what it was other than what I have experienced many times before called Axle tramp.

Most of my early cars [hot hatch's and RWD sports] had this issue, Not in Renno megane RS's though.

Not seen the you tube vid. Got a link?

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
I was on a demo andI got wheel hop and loss of grip on the Cup2's on a damp surface flooring it after a roundabout down a dual carriageway.
I did not know what it was other than what I have experienced many times before called Axle tramp.

Most of my early cars [hot hatch's and RWD sports] had this issue, Not in Renno megane RS's though.

Here you go

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
Don’t do the insert, it will wear out too quickly. Change out the whole lower engine/tranny mount. Transforms the car. You may still get wheel hop, but much much less than stock.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Don’t do the insert, it will wear out too quickly. Change out the whole lower engine/tranny mount. Transforms the car. You may still get wheel hop, but much much less than stock.
Completely agree, I had the 034 Motorsport insert on my 290 and it destroyed my mount. Luckily I was already upgrading to the Racingline one anyway, but it was mangled beyond use and repair.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Wouldn't these inserts just give a knock on effect somewhere else ? Like more stress on linkage , drive shafts , bearings etc unless you polybushed everything ?