Cupra R colour general opinion

drty--den

Dec 29, 2005
I've been reading a shed load of positive reviews of a Japanese wax called Soft99 Fusso. As when I was looking at Poorboys stuff last year, I don't no know weather im better off with a light or dark paint option on the Platinum Grey colour of my Leon. Just after opinions in general, no right or wrong answer. Appreciated.

drty--den

Dec 29, 2005
nice onew. I thought the same to be honest but its a dickache getting this stuff, only from russia/korea on ebay, dont want to wait a month for delivery to then think, ''urgh i dunno, looks a bit dark this...''

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Stuart any chance of getting a pic of it with Nattys on as I was going to buy some but I'm undecided as my usual autoglym wet wax and dark polish brings it up alright just not amazing wondering if that's better I want it gleaming heh

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Bang on I forgot I already saw your readers ride... think I'll be getting some of this... clayed mine at the weekend took me 5 hours =) never done it before so it was a new experience and I didn't ruin the paintwork so that's a win...

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Yeah, always takes ages to clay it. I used IronX the last time I clayed a car (my previous one) which got rid of loads of the iron fallout in the paintwork etc, and made claying it quicker and easier!

At the moment I'm using Meguiars M205 with a DAS6-Pro machine polisher, then PoorBoys black hole glaze, THEN 2 x coats of Natty's Blue. And that's just the paintwork!

Gave it a bit of a clean at the weekend but wasn't feeling up to an OCD clean - that'll happen when I have a whole day to spend on it.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Get a DA and some decent product, you won't take the paint off, it's impossible.

Sent from my G3 using Tuppytalk

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
There's a pic on Google search of a grey lcr that is pretty amazing the reflections and colour reflected in the paintwork is amazing comparing it to mine makes mine look dull =(

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
With a DA it really is fine - I've used it on 4 cars now and not a single issue. The head doesn't stay in one place so you can't build up enough friction to do any damage.

All you need is a das6 pro and meguiars 105 and 205 to begin with - very easy and awesome results.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
You want to use it as little as possible really.

You only get some much clear coat, once you burned through that you have issues.

The ideal scenario is to correct it once, then prevent it from getting into that condition again.

Easier said than done, especially on a daily driver, but the main point is to realise that you can't just correct time and time again because every time you do you shave off a layer of the clear coat.

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
No, i took that into account ;)

Seriously you won't go through the paint like you think with a DA

Sent from my G3 using Tuppytalk

Damn it!!! Alright alright here's how stupid I was when I clayed my car... using bilt hamber clay which only needs water to lubricate... I forgot to wipe off excess water and it has left marks on the paintwork where I'll need to go over it with something to take it off... such a bell...

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Just note that I washed it after and got it all off but not 100% clear still a few marks but it's alright for now hahaa that is idiocy! All in all though bilt hamber clay... super happy with the results and it's cheap at £12 for 200g and not requiring anything other than water it's bang on