Cupra R exhaust question

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Afternoon all.
The exhaust on my 2004 Leon is looking shabby from the cats back.
Just spoken to TPS and the rear box is an obsolete item.

I don't really want to get a cheap one from the local factors as it could cause a restricted flow.
Any make or brand to use?
I don't mind spending decent money on it and really want either as good as OE or better.
Also want it to be reasonably quiet like standard.

Cheers all.

Rich

Johny

Feb 22, 2020
Milltek would be your best option, it sounds pretty much same as stock exhaust and is stainless steel.

Odesláno z mého SM-N960F pomocí Tapatalk

Reactions: Rich.T

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Yeah I agree with the milltek option I have one as many boys and girls on here do I think, mine is non resonated I think slightly louder as you can get resonated as well so be more like stock, I've had custom exhaust in the past and they have been loud but this system suits the car just right nice slight purr great on motorway and looks good, I believe the cobra system is louder still.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Yeah I agree with the milltek option I have one as many boys and girls on here do I think, mine is non resonated I think slightly louder as you can get resonated as well so be more like stock, I've had custom exhaust in the past and they have been loud but this system suits the car just right nice slight purr great on motorway and looks good, I believe the cobra system is louder still.

What's it like under normal driving conditions around town? Also whats it like on a long motorway journey?
Im a bit old now to be stopped on the regular by the police lol

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
What's it like under normal driving conditions around town? Also whats it like on a long motorway journey?
Im a bit old now to be stopped on the regular by the police lol
Hi mate, mines great really isn't too loud that much so my dad has drove it a few times and enjoyed it, it's not overly loud around town just has a nice tone and on motorways it's very easy to live with like I said I'm sure you can get the resonated system I still like a bit of noise so chuffed with mine pal you tube them that may help you a little more.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Just to help add to the pool of info, i opted for the custom route instead of a brand name.

With a 3" DP & 2.5" catback, non res and a pretty small back box it was LOUD, awesome roar but too loud. The drone was basically horrible at all times.

I got a sport cat in now and now its taken the worst of the boom away.

Mar 27, 2019
Nottingham
I had the same problem with my FR, Lindleys said they’d sort it but fitted the wrong part (should have been a twin pipe). I ended up going somewhere local and spent £400 for full stainless cat back. This was in Nottingham.
917DF68E-7565-47E4-ACF7-A190EF9A9F64.jpeg
37511FB6-F3AC-4971-AB3A-440346EC2123.jpeg

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Milltek catbacks sound great. Not loud from in the car, but really throaty from outside.

Cobras are generally louder and are a bit more boy racer.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Aaaand last but not least,
Have you all gone for the Milltek system that only has a rear silencer with the front smaller one deleted?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Personally I’d go custom.
Mine is a custom system.
When my rear box started to fail, I had it changed out for another of the same dimensions with same style 6x4 oval tip.
Tbh. It’s almost exactly the same as before the change.
Not sure of the brand they used but it is 405 steel etc and a brand name that you’d know but maybe not think of.
It’s not necessary to buy Miltek or cobra.
They are as prone to failing as the rest are.
They do hold a premium price though.
1aa9f3cfe5d03746fc32ea9c07e52b11.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Personally I’d go custom.
Mine is a custom system.
When my rear box started to fail, I had it changed out for another of the same dimensions with same style 6x4 oval tip.
Tbh. It’s almost exactly the same as before the change.
Not sure of the brand they used but it is 405 steel etc and a brand name that you’d know but maybe not think of.
It’s not necessary to buy Miltek or cobra.
They are as prone to failing as the rest are.
They do hold a premium price though.
1aa9f3cfe5d03746fc32ea9c07e52b11.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That looks damn good for custom. What size is your rear silencer roughly out of curiosity?

Best thing about custom is the warranty, mine has lifetime warranty while its on the car

Last edited:

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Had a really quiet day yesterday. Sat looking on car forums and Ebay etc.

Found myself ordering a non res system lol.
No idea when itll get here but its done now.

Rich

Johny

Feb 22, 2020
Had a really quiet day yesterday. Sat looking on car forums and Ebay etc.

Found myself ordering a non res system lol.
No idea when itll get here but its done now.

Rich
Let us know how you like the sound mate.

Odesláno z mého SM-N960F pomocí Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
That looks damn good for custom. What size is your rear silencer roughly out of curiosity?

Best thing about custom is the warranty, mine has lifetime warranty while its on the car

Would need to measure it tbh. May look later for you.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Fitted the new exhaust last night. Ive only driven it around town so no idea what its like when its at decent speed. A little extra noise on idle but no noticable difference when driving. Happy with that.
Getting the occasional noise that shouldn't be there. Think its a little close to the floor so will give it a tweak on Tuesday when im back at work.

Rich

Reactions: Sparkie
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise