CUPRA R ST silly Quote prices

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
Hi guys just had back a quote of £500 per month on a cupra r st are they having a laugh its not worth that
amount per month that`s even more than a BMW M2 competition quote i had so they are dreaming on that one
i am afraid.
GHB

Reactions: Brooster89

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Hi guys just had back a quote of £500 per month on a cupra r st are they having a laugh its not worth that
amount per month that`s even more than a BMW M2 competition quote i had so they are dreaming on that one
i am afraid.
GHB

Aren’t they looking for around £38k new for the ST? Best to wait for the dealerships to buy them like they did with all the cupra Rs then hang onto them for 6 months then sell them off cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Expect them to be 20% less than retail at 3 months + old / ex demo,that would be the time to buy.

Reactions: Titchy

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
A £38k car would be around £500 a month, on pcp.. why are you so suprised?
It will never have a residual value like an M2 so that’s maybe why the BMW is cheaper per month.. assuming you are comparing a new car to a new car on PCP with the same miles.
As said, let the dealer take the hit and buy 6 months old, but I dare say the monthly payment won’t be drastically less but atleast you have a very individual car to drive each day!

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I spoke to my dealer re a Cupra R ST yesterday.

I had enquired about changing my ST Cupra Lux ordered though drivethedeal.com which got circa £7k off list price (total of £29400 for Lux with Driver assistance pack and Pano Sunroof)

The Cupra R ST was listed on drivethedeal.com last week for £31500 so I asked about swapping the order.

Cupra R ST is now removed from Drivethedeal site.

Dealer (Seat Ashford) who phoned yesterday and said that they were not allowed to offer them discounted so that’s why it was removed from aforementioned site.
If I wanted one it’s full price ~£38k, and the first first batch coming to the UK are all going to be black with no option for changing this.

....... cancelled my interest !!!

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
I spoke to my dealer re a Cupra R ST yesterday.

I had enquired about changing my ST Cupra Lux ordered though drivethedeal.com which got circa £7k off list price (total of £29400 for Lux with Driver assistance pack and Pano Sunroof)

The Cupra R ST was listed on drivethedeal.com last week for £31500 so I asked about swapping the order.

Cupra R ST is now removed from Drivethedeal site.

Dealer (Seat Ashford) who phoned yesterday and said that they were not allowed to offer them discounted so that’s why it was removed from aforementioned site.
If I wanted one it’s full price ~£38k, and the first first batch coming to the UK are all going to be black with no option for changing this.

....... cancelled my interest !!!

SEAT UK are beyond a joke, who is running their marketing section?? First batch to be just black why bother given the choice of colour, which i use loosely seeing as you can only really order them in a different shade of black/white. I wonder if the UK will even be allowed to order it in flat grey? Is this the blackness grey?

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
The dealer only said Black, and that this will be the first batch which will be 25 cars.

I wasn’t interested anymore when he gave me the price so didn’t question him more on the colour.

He also said that Cupra affiliated dealers will get first dibs on them, so even if i wanted to proceed with him (Seat Ashford) he couldn’t guarantee me one of these first 25.

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Is this the blackness grey?
Screenshot_20190221-195950_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190308-134935_Chrome.jpg
Thats Blackness Grey, first pic is from a pdf I got from my dealer when I ordered it. They started to build that color week 12 if I remember correct. Not sure if the car at Geneva is Blackness Grey under spotlights or just a one off color/car. Anyway I like both so :D

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
So I finally bit the bullet and ordered one of these Cupra R ST today with my local Cupra dealer.

(I'm in the process of cancelling my Lux ST order made in Feb that has no confirmed build date yet)

The Cupra R ST is being built this week and will be allocated to the Cupra dealer on the 23rd apparently. It then will take 4 weeks or so to make it here so should have it end of June. Its in Blackness Grey which is the only color available at the moment. The other colors are coming Sept/Oct to the UK.

I opted for the Pano roof and the ABT tune, but other specs such as ACC, lane assist, are not confirmed and nobody in Seat/Cupra UK actually know. Price agreed was 36K, so there was 4K worth of haggle room in the end, maybe more but im happy with that.
Therefore I have to option to walk away with full refund of deposit if i'm not happy with final specs when they become known.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Yeeeessss finally somebody has one :))))
What colour is that btw ???

Can you post some interior pics and confirm what specs it has (acc, heated seats, lane assist etc etc)

Awesome that looks amazing