Cupra radio splash screen

jamesc

Sep 11, 2019
Has anyone else got a bright white dot appearing during the CUPRA logo appearing on the head unit when you turn the car on? I have a white dot (like a dead pixel) half way between the U and the bottom of the screen, but doesn't seem to be there on any other screens.

Reactions: Phil13

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Has anyone else got a bright white dot appearing during the CUPRA logo appearing on the head unit when you turn the car on? I have a white dot (like a dead pixel) half way between the U and the bottom of the screen, but doesn't seem to be there on any other screens.
Yeah, basically everyone without Nav High on MY2018. The Cupra R with Nav High doesn't have it.

jamesc

Sep 11, 2019
Thanks for the replies! Also confirmed with dealer, that it's an issue and there's no updates or anything currently to fix it

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Yup have this on my R ST.

Can’t believe there is no way to change this with a third party tool ??
I agree, it's surely just an image file displayed at boot up. I doubt they coded the image. However it's probably in an area that's restricted and can't be viewed without the correct permissions.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I did see a tool that cropped up on the Cupra Facebook group a couple of months ago that allowed you to change the splash screen (amongst others) but it looked a little complicated to use and I don’t think it applied to the unit in my R ST anyway.
I’m sure it was either of German or Spanish origin.

Can’t bloomin find the link for it now though :(

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I did see a tool that cropped up on the Cupra Facebook group a couple of months ago that allowed you to change the splash screen (amongst others) but it looked a little complicated to use and I don’t think it applied to the unit in my R ST anyway.
I’m sure it was either of German or Spanish origin.

Can’t bloomin find the link for it now though :(
I've seen others have done it on older VAG systems so it must be possible. If you find the link could you share it please as I'm interested.

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Yes the high nav has a built in hard disk which has the maps stored on it instead of an sd card, and CDs can be transferred to it for a jukebox function.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Yes the high nav has a built in hard disk which has the maps stored on it instead of an sd card, and CDs can be transferred to it for a jukebox function.

Mission on to see if anyone has hacked the standard MIB2 with WiFi then. Probably not.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
The person who has made the tool said in one of is replies that he's managed it by utilising security flaws in the nav unit, so the lower spec unit's would need some kind of exploitable security flaw for someone to develop a similar tool for them too.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I wonder if you can update maps and more skins with the toolkit?
The toolkit for nav high seems to enable editing of pretty much any content inside the software - there are plenty of examples they have been posting of people editing the resources to even put pics of their own specific cars and also change the icons, etc.
...bit bit jealous here now that I don't have nav high :)

Reactions: Damo H

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
I count myself as one lucky bugger. When I bought my car it wasn't even advertised with it, or the reversing camera so I was well chuffed when I found it had them.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members