cupra secondary coolant pump help!

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
hey guys, last night after driving back home i was letting my car cool down on idle then all of a sudden my secondary coolant pump started making a terrible noise i know they are a lil but noisy but this was rediculous almost sounded like something had broken down inside it?! is this common? and is the unit sealed or can i get into it and see whats going on? any help much appreciated!

ian_cupra

beter off remove it all mate

why the fook would you want to do that??? read things properly before posting! or just dont bother replying with daft answers

nicki - mine started doing this before but then stopped doing it, i had some air in the system and the pump was air locked,

was the coolant temp gauge ok when you had been driving it?

it is a fairly common thing to brake on these motors

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
thanks for the replies, temp gauge was fine reading 90 degrees and no coolant leaks whatsoever was on max as it always has been! i might have a go tomorrow as i have the day off work see if i can clean it out or something will let you guys know if i find anything bad :(

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
ok cool, had the car just over a year and this is the only thing thats got me worried lol been flawless up to now! just when i was savin for my fmic, hope i can sort it, thanks for yoyr help/input really appreciate it :)

ian_cupra

no worries, hope you get it sorted though. wow you got a good'n if thats the only thing to worry you in a year

ian_cupra

it does indeed, not a bad time for a none mapped cupra :)

never managed a run in mine while it was stock, but stage 1 map and full exhaust and fmic i managed 14.3, so get it mapped and you'll be much quicker

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.