Cupra tdi turbo failed

Stu-

Apr 21, 2013
Dartford
So looks like my turbo has given up. Making the dreaded siren sound and has zero power.

I've searched the all the numbers stamped into the turbo and struggling to find any for the BPX engine, apart from those out of my price range.

Does anyone know if the turbo from the Pd150 (ARL) is the same? Ive read opinions saying yes and no. The only listing I've found with the part number GT1749VB, list BPX, ARL and only mention 150 and not 160, but don't list the exact part number.

My turbo has this stamped onto it..
038253016Q
742614-2
GT1749VB

Ashveer03

Dec 16, 2018
Havnt seen an ARL turbo but it should also have a vb turbo since it also comes with the uprated Headbolts..

Why not just get ur turbo rebuilt? Would work out cheaper and u could also add some reliability to it by fitting a billet comp wheel..

Stock 1749vb is not the best of turbos, reliability wise. Alot of cupra okes opt for polo Bv39b's instead

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Stu-

Apr 21, 2013
Dartford
I bought an exchange unit from Turbo Developments in the end, which is hopefully getting fitted today. I've ready good things about them, so hopefully the turbo matches what I've read

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.