Cupra Tyre Noise

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Hoping for useful feedback. I picked up my new Cupra ST300 in November on the brink of Swedish winter, and immediately switched to friction tyres 225/40 x 18. Ran them ever since with around 2.5/2.6 bars, and noise levels were pretty normal. Now, the other day I could finally bring the summers on. They are Continental ContiSportContact (gen 5 or 6, I presume) in 235/35 x 19, as delivered from factory. And noise levels went UP around 30 per cent!!! Never experienced that with any of my previous cars. Virtually the same tyre pressure, and not much difference in profile (9.0 cm to 8.225 cm). So I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I reckon they're pretty hard, with low rolling resistance, but the noise is unbearable! It wasn't like this with my previous ST290, that had an older gen Conti tyre.

rcmacc

Dec 17, 2014
Warrington
I did, previously had a 2016 1.2TSI with 16" think they were Dunlop Bluresponse?? It was one thing I noticed on the (short) test drive. Now with my Cupra 300 and with the factory Contisports and they are noisy over certain surfaces but I'm sure now they've a few thousand miles on them they've gone quieter - either than or I'm just used to it now.

NaturalMess

Nov 6, 2017
they (contis) are really poor for noise - i know the ps4 are the go to for driving, how do they compare for noise?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.