May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
Investment cast inconel should do it!

tvs3_mani_big.jpg

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
hehe, good point but with a custom routing and piping install is the turbo too close to the brake booster?

very close yea..
Awesome did a mk4 golf for IanB did'nt they using your APR kit, but APR Australia's tubular manifold.. which had a few issues..

your cold side is mounted on the rhs of the car (cam belt end) yea? OR the other side?

I know pagparts manifold whilst not being as offset mounted to #2 cyl as yours looks, can have a small comp housing turbo so the cold side is on the lhs of the car (gbox side), where lhd US cars get it the other way round as there's no servo and steering rack knuckle to get in the way.

regards
bill

Keith@APR

May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
very close yea..
Awesome did a mk4 golf for IanB did'nt they using your APR kit, but APR Australia's tubular manifold.. which had a few issues..

your cold side is mounted on the rhs of the car (cam belt end) yea? OR the other side?

I know pagparts manifold whilst not being as offset mounted to #2 cyl as yours looks, can have a small comp housing turbo so the cold side is on the lhs of the car (gbox side), where lhd US cars get it the other way round as there's no servo and steering rack knuckle to get in the way.

regards
bill

the cold side would be on your driver's side. I've always known there was an issue with fitment to rhd cars but I didn't know if it was due to the inlet hose design or if there were greater issues.

We've never sold our manifold outside of our Stage 3 kits before and I was hoping to be able to offer it separately but it sounds like it won't work for RHD cars.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
the cold side would be on your driver's side. I've always known there was an issue with fitment to rhd cars but I didn't know if it was due to the inlet hose design or if there were greater issues.

We've never sold our manifold outside of our Stage 3 kits before and I was hoping to be able to offer it separately but it sounds like it won't work for RHD cars.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

inlet hose will be very close to the brake servo and a/c pipes which route through that area also.

main turbo flange being centered around #2 cylinder makes it right up close.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands

Keith, I would've thought you'd be able to sell some on their own, anyway, maybe not the transverse market? The APR manifold is pretty legendary...

It fits longitudinally mounted RHD motors?

Keith@APR

May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
nice to see a huge worlwide company like yours has done it's homework then lol

lol, we don't typically sell individual components of our turbo systems and always strive to offer the most complete kits available.

In my experience with our products I've found that certain components of our Stage 3 turbo systems are somewhat universal regarding the engines they are developed around.

When its possible that we can offer such components individually, I like to do so as some enthusiasts that have chosen a custom build route can still benefit from these individual components especially in areas like we are discussing in this thread as some of our components are unmatched in quality. If I was able to make an investment cast inconel manifold available to those who are experiencing manifold issues, it would be a huge win for all involved.

I was just trying to help with something that isn't our normal procedure.:confused:

Nice intake mani btw, it looks really good all polished up!

Jun 1, 2007
lol, we don't typically sell individual components of our turbo systems and always strive to offer the most complete kits available.

In my experience with our products I've found that certain components of our Stage 3 turbo systems are somewhat universal regarding the engines they are developed around.

When its possible that we can offer such components individually, I like to do so as some enthusiasts that have chosen a custom build route can still benefit from these individual components especially in areas like we are discussing in this thread as some of our components are unmatched in quality. If I was able to make an investment cast inconel manifold available to those who are experiencing manifold issues, it would be a huge win for all involved.

I was just trying to help with something that isn't our normal procedure.:confused:

was looking at one of your kits some time ago but it was supply and fit only

RobDon

Pro Detailer
It means you won't just sell the kit on it's own.

Good points above yes - why have APR ignored the RHD market and never released a re-worked stage 3+ kit with a proper manifold in the UK? Did APR Australia make their own tubular manifold for RHD?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
yes Rob. APR Australia did the one on IanB's mk4 golf.
there's a thread on here somewhere.

it was'nt perfectly reliable tho as I recall

caney

Apr 24, 2005
thanks! it's just a shame it makes no gains at all on my car or a few others that have it:whistle:i would love to know how APR achieved gains from it?

Keith@APR

May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
was looking at one of your kits some time ago but it was supply and fit only

Here's my understanding of why.

The kits are developed by APR Oceania to fit the RHD TT 225 and other 1.8T 225 equipped cars.

APR UK (Awesome) and APR Oceania are able to fit them to 150-180hp 1.8T's via custom fabrication of some of the induction and pressure piping. Hence the requirement for supply and fit.

APR, LLC., the parent company, developed the ecu upgrade and provided as many parts from our LHD Stage 3/3+ systems that were compatible.

The 225 kit operates with great success in Oceania as far as I am aware.

Keith@APR

May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
It means you won't just sell the kit on it's own.

Thanks!

Good points above yes - why have APR ignored the RHD market and never released a re-worked stage 3+ kit with a proper manifold in the UK? Did APR Australia make their own tubular manifold for RHD?

We've evaluated the market for RHD cars and have chosen to focus on the newest model generations as our full scale entry into the RHD Turbocharger Upgrade product line.

All of our Stage 3 systems for MK5 era and newer cars with TFSI and TSI engines are developed to work with both RHD and LHD.

Unfortunately when our Stage 3 was first developed, RHD was not considered as at the time our international sales were very small. We've since focused very heavily on the RHD market beginning in 2005 and we are pleased to be able to offer the same quality products for both markets world wide.

Keith@APR

May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
yes Rob. APR Australia did the one on IanB's mk4 golf.
there's a thread on here somewhere.

it was'nt perfectly reliable tho as I recall

I haven't heard any reports of failures with Ian's car that I recall.

I would imagine he was able to get everything resolved? If he needs some assistance I would be more than glad to find out what's going on.

Keith@APR

May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
thanks! it's just a shame it makes no gains at all on my car or a few others that have it:whistle:i would love to know how APR achieved gains from it?

That doesn't make sense. These guys over here have verified 4xwhp and 3xwtrq with a reduced spool of 300 rpm's. Its even unequivocally won 2 intake manifold shoot outs including just about every intake mani on the market.

Can you list your mods for me?