current Progress

Hayz

Cheeky
Apr 5, 2006
Portsmouth
www.drive4fun.co.uk
I know I've been slacking a bit on the picture side.

Anyone that doesn't know I bought a written of 2.0l 8v Cupra and was planning on putting it back on the road

Update :)

Had new windscreen and side windows fitted about a week ago. All the panels are painted and on the car. Just waiting on the de-badged grille to arrive.

Piccies:

I had the orignal splitter smoothed into the bumper and also bought the Leon Cupra R additional Splitter and had that smoothed in too.

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
while i like what you've done, i cant help but think your just gonna smack the lcr splitter on something and it will all end in tears :( mine has been battered and bruised and is in a sorry state

gazjones

looks good the lcr splitter is going on so many other cars now!

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Nice work Hayz. You should have smoothed off the front numberplate recess as well while you were at it. Still looks absolutely spot on tho, so very shiny. Definitely needs some new wheels and lowering a bit next. But not too much as your LCR splitter will catch. Had to take mine off after I lowered my car :cry:

Mig

Hayz

Cheeky
Apr 5, 2006
Portsmouth
www.drive4fun.co.uk
Thanks guys :)

Too much work smoothing the number plate recess in, When the number plate is on It'll look fine :)

I will lower the back more then the front if I do anything. :)

Yeah new wheels too, one day in the future. Looking at some Team Dynamics but heard so many bad things about them, So compomotive's are the way forward.

Getting my rear 1/4's painted in the summer :)

EssexIbiza1985

Oct 18, 2006
tha bumper looks very nice! just out of interest wot bad things have you heard about team dynamics wheels cos ive jus bought a set of black motorsport alloys lol

Hayz

Cheeky
Apr 5, 2006
Portsmouth
www.drive4fun.co.uk
tha bumper looks very nice! just out of interest wot bad things have you heard about team dynamics wheels cos ive jus bought a set of black motorsport alloys lol

That they are very very bendy.

One of my friend's had a set a few years ago, never hit a curb or a pothole. But the tyre was leaking and he took it into a garage and they said the tyre was fine but the alloy its self was so bent it was letting air out as the tyre wouldnt fit on the rim properly.

Although that was years ago, they might be better condition.

I've managed to talk myself out of the Pink wheels they are doing and going for black or white set.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.