Custom FMIC?

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Alright forum folks! I would like to get a FMIC (front mounted intercooler for noobs) at some point in the future. Obviously I could get a Forge or Seat Sport jobbie, but I was just wondering if anyone has done their own custom FMIC? I don't think I have seen one... :think: Some of the Leon Cupra chappies on here have done their own so I was wondering if it could be done? I have seen some twinpass coolers on ebay...

antnee

From what I have been told by various people, the SS one is fine, unless your planning to run huge power?

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
All I will say is dont skimp on the initial outlay. Chances are you would end up changing to a SS cooler in the long run, If you intend to go further. Im speaking from experience on this one.

In regards to can it be done? Yes of course it can. You could even have a single pass cooler. Just means it will be an absolute pig to pipe up. If you want to go down te route of a universal cooler, I'd get a twin pass, mount it on the car, then order pipework once you know what you need.

Juego

Dec 1, 2009
Hamilton
www.facebook.com
Theirs a website that sells universal intercoolers. I know a guy running one on his Astra VXR and has had no issues and trust me this car doesn't get driven sensibly ever lol

Universalintercoolers.com or something i think it is. Maybe worth a shout?

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
All I will say is dont skimp on the initial outlay. Chances are you would end up changing to a SS cooler in the long run, If you intend to go further. Im speaking from experience on this one.

In regards to can it be done? Yes of course it can. You could even have a single pass cooler. Just means it will be an absolute pig to pipe up. If you want to go down te route of a universal cooler, I'd get a twin pass, mount it on the car, then order pipework once you know what you need.

Theirs a website that sells universal intercoolers. I know a guy running one on his Astra VXR and has had no issues and trust me this car doesn't get driven sensibly ever lol

Universalintercoolers.com or something i think it is. Maybe worth a shout?

Cheers guys. I have seen some twinpass intercoolers on ebay and universal pipework too. When I cost it up, it comes out at less than half the price of a SS and Forge pipework setup!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Medium-TwinPa...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item33543b131b
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-TURBO-INTER...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item518ebdc5df

antnee

When I get a FMIC, Im going for the SS, due to the ease of fitting it, simple bolt on job

Rhys_

Mar 29, 2009
Cardiff, South Wales
I have the forge one on mine, i was thinking about having a custom one done with company that did my exhaust. but then i managed to get a good price on a forge system so just went straight for that one. works a treat.

Jun 21, 2008
Wolverhampton
the fixings look crap on the uni intercoolers. i was pricing up doing a custom job and i genuinely think that the SS one is the easiest.

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
mike i was looking at th uni ones but its so much easyer to spend a little more a get ss one i am doin the same soon but i am stuck with cash at the mo, its the last thing on my list lol so gotter do some hard saveing :S

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.