Custom seat mounting frame (56k beware)

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Since getting my racing seat (Corbeau Sprint Xl) for the Cordoba I've been toying on ways to mount it.

The problem is the taylored seat mounts that are on the market for the 6K chassis, they mount the seat too far off the floor, and being the 6'4" 19st person that I am, my head would be hitting the roof/rollcage. Also I needed to be able to mount the seat far enough back so I reach the pedal box comfortably

Also since I havent the balls to gut the interior out and stick the rollcage in 'just' yet and I also needed to be able to refit the standard seat.

So I knocked up this:

DSCF0039.jpg

Made from 1" Square box welded construction, the frame utilises the existing seat runners by a means of 4 peaces for flat bar with taped holes which slide into the runners, and the frame is bolted into these firmly in place. Note the shackles for the 4pt harness, these would otherwise have to be bolted through the chassis with a taped plate welded in.

DSCF0041.jpg

Side mounting brackets bolted to the frame awaiting the seat.

DSCF0044.jpg

On the lowest mounting points I cant see over the dash, so mission accomplished :D

Last edited:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Very well engineered. :thumbup:

Just one question and not wishing to sow doubt...... (but having been in some good motorsport accidents)

Are you happy that in the event of an accident, the original seat runner mountings could take the same load as would be applied to harness fixings plated to the floor?

If yes, excellent. :)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if im looking at it right the side plates slide in the runners like the rears do ?

and theres 4 instead of 2 with that peg crap up front ?

looks the dogs to me m8 - nice one - be tempted to copy it just to get my damn seat lower lol

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
nice one stu, when i fitted my konig i had a fabber who butchered a cobra subframe and rewelded the runners on it

good my work my man :thumbup:

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
DPJ said:
Are you happy that in the event of an accident, the original seat runner mountings could take the same load as would be applied to harness fixings plated to the floor?

In the event of an accident I think I would be too seriously injured or even killed way before the seat runners or the mounting frame giving way :blink: .

Once I gut it out I'll do it the 'proper' way to FIA (ish) standards and weld in box section stays to the shell.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Fl@pper said:
if im looking at it right the side plates slide in the runners like the rears do ?

and theres 4 instead of 2 with that peg crap up front ?

looks the dogs to me m8 - nice one - be tempted to copy it just to get my damn seat lower lol

Yeah, the 4 threaded plates slide down the existing runners which the mounting frame picks up on, tighten up the bolts and the frame is 'clamped' firmly in place.

reach adjustment is via the series of holes with welded captive nuts underneath.

The 'peg' you're referring too is for the OE seat reach adjustment?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.