Custom TIP

br0wny21

rite i want to make up a custom TIP for my LC and want a bit of advice and info from everyone, what i need to know is the diameters of the TIP from the turbo and i guess its 2.5'' from the MAF? aslo if a put a reducer pipe from 2.5'' to 3.0'' then back down to what ever diameter the turbo is will i get a bit of lag? due to the pipe goin small big small a bit long winded but much helf is appericated thanks

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Lol it makes no sense why make something that is already on the market, or am i missing something? If you still want to go custom talk to the manufacturers like samco as you can send templates in to be made in silicone but id imagine its not cheap as off the shelf

br0wny21

i want to do this so when i buy other things i dont have to go buyin a hole new TIP so if i wanna buy a bigger maf all i need to do is change a bit of silicone not a full TIP same for if i wanna go bigger turbo just change a bit of silicone you get me? and
i think it looks better with aliminuim piping and a bit of silicone just to join the bends my mate done it on his astra turbo and you could well hear the turbo sucking the air through the pipe inside the car really loud

Apr 12, 2008
if you are going to do it, you idealy need to get hold of a tip, and use it as a template. I can't see how you would possiably make anything that fits by using measurements someone off the internet tells you.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
i want to do this so when i buy other things i dont have to go buyin a hole new TIP so if i wanna buy a bigger maf all i need to do is change a bit of silicone not a full TIP same for if i wanna go bigger turbo just change a bit of silicone you get me? and
i think it looks better with aliminuim piping and a bit of silicone just to join the bends my mate done it on his astra turbo and you could well hear the turbo sucking the air through the pipe inside the car really loud

in the grand scheme of going big turbo where your looking at spending 3k upwards then id say 100quid on a new direct fit tip isnt much of an issue tbh... think this would be more hassle and cost than its worth, remembering all holes for n75,dv etc have to match exactly to ensure good fitment, the route of the tip has to miss all pipework including the hard metal water pipe. not something i would arse with for the sake of 100quid tbh, also if you do go bt, then ko4 sized tips can be had second hand.

br0wny21

fair one.... i spoke to forge and they can make a t-piece with the n75,dump valve, pcv filter etc on it.
just thought it would be a easy job banging a 90 deg bend on the turbo with a short bit of aluminuim pipe the a another silcone bend the t-piece what i get made up then straight to the MAF, it does sound like a lot of messing around but i like to be different ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members