Cycling? Anyone else?

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
So along with detailing I do quite a bit of cycling.. and when I say that it’s as much time as a part time job, typically 13 hours and 250miles a week.

I ride competitively mostly time trials but its another passion, the only downside is it costs more than the car...

100 mile TT last year
72a36cef4123effebb6d28992a11d070.jpg

Etape du tour 2018 100miles 4000m of climbing and 37degrees in the sun...
9b2def58690626bbc4899b8406fb3e3c.jpg

e5a2cf7359316f72056928783243a6dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Get yourself up to the Lake District for some nice climbs. This is the challenge you need to do
https://www.fredwhittonchallenge.co.uk

“The Fred Whitton Challenge consists of a 112 mile sportive around the Lake District, starting at Grasmere and taking in climbs of Kirkstone, Honister, Newlands, Whinlatter, Hardknott & Wrynose passes.”
Blimey I only just about managed Honister in my Mk 2 Leon 2.0L TFSI FR DSG in 2007

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I don’t do that much but I do like the way you carry your detailers wax & polish bottles in that rear basket

Well I do see some horribly dirty cars when I’m racing lol

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
ever since i got my car, my bike has been retired to the shed (sad!). i use the exercise bike almost daily at the gym, but my string bean legs could never keep up with you @Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I did the same many years ago but I’ve re found the love. Now I try to balance the love of cars and bikes... but both are expensive. Lol. Also have to keep the missus happy.... no wonder I’m skint. Ha.

Reactions: kanyewest

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I cycle but only to my place of work, living only 3 miles from work it's hardly worth using the car when it's only a 15 min cycle.

My current bike is a Giant Roam 0 2016

Last edited:
Reactions: Mannyg60

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I'm a fairly obessed cyclist. Did over 3k miles last year and spend a lot of time chasing KOMs etc.

Still yet to do a sportive but take part in Revolve 24 every year and a lot of time in my shed on zwift/sufferfest doing training and racing etc.

Currently riding a Specialized Tarmac in summer and an Allez in winter.

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
I do about 2k per year, spread between road bike, trekking bike and mountain bike. Last year I came down Pikes Peak in Colorado, dropped about 6000 feet in 20 miles!

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Guy I normally go out cycling with has been put on blood thinners for life so his cycling days are kinda over, mountain biking anyway.

Last time I was out was three weeks ago and I had a hard fall. Front wheel washed out at speed and I went down very hard. Even with pads it hurt a lot and my left knee still is't right at all. Was very fortunate, pads and helmet did their jobs.

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Guy I normally go out cycling with has been put on blood thinners for life so his cycling days are kinda over, mountain biking anyway.

Last time I was out was three weeks ago and I had a hard fall. Front wheel washed out at speed and I went down very hard. Even with pads it hurt a lot and my left knee still is't right at all. Was very fortunate, pads and helmet did their jobs.
Hope you’re on the mend.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Hope you’re on the mend.

Head was fine, face slightly scratched. Right hand was sore but nothing terrible. Body scuffed a bit, ripped my favorite top ;0( Left knee took a very hard blow and it's still not right. I think it was twisted, but I'm sure it will get there.

Totally convinced that if I hadn't been wearing good quality pads and helmet I would've been in the hospital. Reckon my knee would've been wrecked.

Reactions: Sharpy

Philip Santi

Sep 28, 2019
Cool was the 100miler for BBAR?

I lost the love some years ago. Never competed, but also used to do about 2-3k miles per year between cycling to work and training for fitness. Still got my bikes:

Ribble Carbon Sportiv
Boardman Comp
Giant Bowery
'Dirty Jo' (hardtail-hybrid build for winter commuting)

One day ..................................

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I’ve not made an attempt on BBAR yet, maybe next year, I set a new national record for cycling between Edinburgh and York in September which was a big goal for the year. 7hrs 56mins 35secs for the 186 miles.

Reactions: Philip Santi

Philip Santi

Sep 28, 2019
That's amazing! Such a great achievement.

I'm only aware of the BBAR because a friend of mine used to compete - good luck if you do

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.