D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
3898394d.jpg

More goodies from Elite Car Care :D Going to be a busy weekend :D If it stops raining

Last edited:

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Wwwwwww nice DK

Always nice having detailing products but that's another area that burns a hole in the wallet!!

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Wwwwwww nice DK

Always nice having detailing products but that's another area that burns a hole in the wallet!!

Tell me about it, that little lot set me back £120:whistle: thankfully it's not all mine, I hate to imagine how much I've spent on detailing products :rolleyes:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I had a go with the ONR today, the car was'nt really that dirty it was just mainly weather dirt from sitting on the drive all week so I decided I'd just go streight in with the ONR, firstly I made up a 1L spray bottle to use as a pre wash soak at a mix of 1 fluid oz to 1 litre of water and a wash mix of 2 fluid oz to 4 gallons of water which is the max capacity of my wash bucket's, I also used a 2nd bucket half filled with clean water.
I worked on 1 panel at a time, firstly spraying the panel with the pre wash and let it soak for a couple of minutes then very gentley glide the wash mitt soaked in the ONR wash mix over the panel, once it was clean the panel was then sprayed with Megs Last Touch QD and pat dried.
Once the whole car was clean it was sprayed with QD again to pick up and water stains or steaks.

In all I recon I used about 3-4 times more water using 2 buckets and not jet washing the car before washing it, I had to change the rinse water 3 times and used 2 buckets (8 gallons) of ONR mix.
The wheels were cleaned in the same way.

I love cleaning my car and normally spend a lot of time doing it every weekend but today was not enjoyable, it just feels so wrong not using a hose.

The end results however were very good, the paint feels very clean and has a lot of shine to it.

Today has proved to me that I really do need to look and making the rain water havesting system so I can hose the car off before washing.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
After 5 years of ownership I think I'm the verge of my first major problem :( I nipped out to the shop yesterday morning and all was well, went back out about an hour later turned the key and the engine stared but cut out about 5 secounds later, thurned the key again and it just kept turning over, I left it 20 minutes and tried again but still no joy :(
After talking to a few people it was looking like a lack of fuel, checked the fuel pump and it was'nt priming, checked the wiring for the 12v feed and earth which we're both ok, checked the fuse and relay 409 both ok, next I removed the FPR and turned the engine over to see if any fuel was getting through, nothing.
In true Jeremy Clarkson style I decided to get my hammer out :D gave the fuel pump and bit of a tap whist the Mrs turned the key and it fired up :D
So far the cars been fine since, I've had a price for a new pump but I'm going to hold off and see what happens, if it fails again then I'll repalce it.

Big thank you to Nick & Kenny @AmD and the memebers of the SSS facebook page :thumbup:

Next up it's insurance time :(

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,17,19,22,35,36,37,46,56

Scan results

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine Labels: Redir Fail!
Controller: 1ML 906 032 A
Component: 1.8l R4/5VT 0002
Coding: 10510
Shop #: WSC 66565
VSSZZZ1MZ5R015078 SEZ7Z0D2428104
3 Faults Found:
16705 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28): Implausible Signal
P0321 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16502 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Signal too High
P0118 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17949 - Fuel Pump Relay (J17): Open Circuit
P1541 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: 0000 0000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
No worries mate let me know how the car goes this week, interested to see what it is in case mine ever plays up.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Looks like your fuel pump relay is on it's way out. I'd suggest changing it mate. Not sure how much these are going for though

The codes referring to the coolant could just be that the prongs in the bottle which measures the coolant level have some dirt/corrosion on it. Get a thin wire bush and clean it and see if the code domes up. Otherwise check the wires to ensure nothing has come loose

16705 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28): Implausible Signal
The important one though: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16705/P0321/000801

Looks like this could be th reason why the car wasn't turning over.

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Last week I ordered a crank sensor, my local dealer wanted £73 :-o so I called Dave a Sere motors (028 90385336) and he sorted me out a very nice discount :clap: it was ordered Wednesday lunch time and even though their local post office closed early that day it still arrived Friday all the way from Ireland :clap: Great service :D

Before fitting the new crank sensot t0m came round and scanned the ECU to see if any of the codes had come back. The ECU was clear :think: to rule it out I changed the sensor, it all started up fine t0m scanned to ECU again and all was good, just got to wait and see if the problem comes back now.

Whilst the car was in bit's I refitted the oil temp sensor after we broke the drilled sump plug when I serviced in. I've used the spare hole on the oil filter house housing.

A couple of pictures t0m took.
91d9c620.jpg

f73ae51c.jpg

I've also ordered a new Karcher pressure washer which will run properly off my water butt's, I'm hoping it'll be here for the weekend :D

End of this week is insurance time :( TBH I've not really phoned around this year but going by what others are paying my renewal is pretty good.

I'm planning lots of detailing over the next couple of week's as I'll be at Bromley pageant on June 10th and I might go upto Inters again but I'm undecided at the moment.

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Can't beat Dave @ Sere! Legend :D

Was good to help out and see how the car is at the weekend mate. Let me know how it goes next couple of weeks, but should be all good with that sensor done I reckon..

OK, decat next month then :D

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Must be the dark wheels, looks lower than mine. Looks lovely though dude. Hopefully the little niggles are sorted and don't come back. Looking forward to the drive to and from pageant ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.