LCR charge pipe brackets

Made this

Into this :D

Brought this

and then sold it :D

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
Lol I could be interested in some parts being done for me that's all bud. Will write a list...will probably be a long one

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Lol I could be interested in some parts being done for me that's all bud. Will write a list...will probably be a long one

PM me what you want mate ;)

Do you skim parts or make moulds and start from scratch??

Love the car by the way!

They are original parts wrapped in real 2 twill carbon fibre and then lacquered to give a gloss finish.

I have made a couple of bits from scratch, the throttle body cover and heat shield are made of hi density foam board that is then wrapped in Carbon, and my splitter is a big sheet off ply wrapped in lots of Carbon :)

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Excellent mate. 5 weeks and counting then! Loving the centre mesh section. No rush with the splitter mate. I'm more than happy for it to be a slow burner as I'm sure you've got plenty on :)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I've had a few problem wit the lacquer that I had been using, it was Acrylic and had very little UV protection which after a few month's in the sun started to turn white, I was going to by a gun and use 2k lacquer through my compressor but because I only using a small amount at a time it would mean I'd have a lot of waste so after speaking to the guys at Legends he put me onto a guy that that has supplied me with some 2k rattle can lacquer which should do the trick :)
I had to sand the mirror caps right back to get rid of the UV damage, the resin is still wet which is why its , so glossy, once they are dry I'll flatten them off and maybe give them another coat of resin before trying the new lacquer.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Les than a week left until the front end gets a make over. A long time coming and hopefully it'll bring back that love for the car - no more hiding the bonnet away hahah :)

I saw that Mini in this month's FC. Nice tribute to his Mum with the interior colour. Top work mate [B)]

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
We're spraying the whole car expect the roof [B)]
Hopfully we'll be doing a few other subtle little touches too [B)]

Lex's Mini is lovely and he's a really nice bloke, I did his air tanks for him.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
You can buy 2k clear in one litre kits. Mixed at 2:1 you can mix as little as you like. The cans are ok but you'll waste more that way as you activate a full can.

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
You are scn'so king of carbon I think, brilliant work! Those mirrors especially. Just done a big mouth bumper and saved the mid grill, don't suppose it'd be any use to you? The mesh is smashed out but the two bits you'd use for the oem bigmouh you make are still fine...?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.