D/V making wierd noise

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
i have a bailey dumpvalve on my mk3 cupra, and basically it makes a flutter noise at low revs when driving (probally suposed to happen) but when i go a higher it sounds like its rubbing of something sounds abit like a trumpet/horn. and its horribly loud!!! in order to get a decent sound without it sticking i have to tke it to like 5000 revs plus.

i have opened it up in the past and cleaned it had no luck, when i opened it, ther was a spring the psiton and a rubber type of seal around it, i assume it has to be the seal as it does seem lose and doesnt sit real tight in the groove. was wondering if thers sum sort of kit i can use to replace it or any ideas on what type of product i need to lubricate it?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Its not openin the dv correctly, hence the chatter, check vacum lines, on idle hav a look if the piston has gon up on the dv, it has theres a problem with the dv, fyi you not suppose to be running full BOV unless you have got rid air mass meter mangement.

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
Its not openin the dv correctly, hence the chatter, check vacum lines, on idle hav a look if the piston has gon up on the dv, it has theres a problem with the dv, fyi you not suppose to be running full BOV unless you have got rid air mass meter mangement.

il double check all the lines 2morow, so if the piston goes al the way up the dv is no good? did i mention when i try to take of quick for example a drag race, the car loses half its power, limp mode i reckon, does that indicate it is the dv?

Last edited:

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
yeh possible, need 2 get on diagnostic 2 see what fault code it brings up, asume zain must have told you this. get a recirc vale to keep the engine mangement happy. lol

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
nah i know it needs a recirc was jus wondering why this one was makeing a loud noise, im sure its the seal cus when i opened it it was well loose probs leaking.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
bailey tend to leak i think, i had a hks once but it was fine but increased the lag and effected the car performance.
yeh just tighen it an replaces the seals if neccsary, if that dont work, bin it lol and stick wid forge 007p. lol simple as.

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
bailey tend to leak i think, i had a hks once but it was fine but increased the lag and effected the car performance.
yeh just tighen it an replaces the seals if neccsary, if that dont work, bin it lol and stick wid forge 007p. lol simple as.

yeh i hav orderd a service kit for so gna bang dat on n see wat happens, if no luk then ima jus put the stndrd one on for now, got 2 much other tings to buy lol

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
beta then the one iv got on now tho. sounds like thers a fart machine under the bonnet

Dec 10, 2009
bideford, n.devon
does the n249 bypass affect the sound the dv makes? i just done the bypass earlier today and now the dv kinda makes a louder "chuff" noise rather than a "pshhh"
i got a turbosmart if that makes a differents

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
this is from an old thread i posted on about bailey dv

quote me:

yea bailey had an issue with the piston inside the valve mate for a while

the people they have make the piston for them changed the nylon/plastic piston to a diffrent type of nylon/plastic and when it got hot it sweled and there for got stuck, but they are ok now and all sorted

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
quote me:

swaped my dv30 over a couple of days ago for the 007p

the 007p feels so much betta than the dv30, the 007p dos not sound quite as crisp/sharp as the dv30 but who cares about a small thing like that, i found that my dv30 was very jerky as you came of the throttle and it used to chatter slightly to, and befor you say ow it should not be chattering theres something rong ie with the valve or vac line there was not at all,jabba had checked it all out for me even had a brand new dv30 and still the same,you dont get any of this with the 007p it is so so smooth and the car feels smoother as well

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
you ask any one who knows a thing or two mate forge 007p is the best replacement valve there is

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.